• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anyone seen this new microphone

i own one. bought it when they first came out. i use it on my kenwood. everyone i talk to says it sounds fantastic.yes the ptt button looks like sadelta button. but i have never had a problem with it. and it looks cool next to my kenwood

I hope it sounds good like you say, but then again, I never heard a Kenwood that didn't sound good!(y)

Reactions: 357magnum
Yes the Chinese Asians almost always miss the point or things in America especially. It took Toyota like 15-20 years to design a full size truck that Americans would buy. Not because their engineers are bad they just did not understand this market and what the buyers wanted. It was not until they let California and Detroit design teams take the lead that they hit the Jack Pot with the Tundra.

The Chinese often see something that American likes and they miss understand what it is they like about it. They often get some of the design elements right but they fail to capture the experience, tactile feel, performance and often the design ends up a bit odd because they do not actual understand what it is we really like about something that is old.

I deal with China, Taiwan, Ukraine and Russia for machined parts. The problem with China especially is they will build cheap if that is what you want. Their are limits to what most companies I deal with in Taiwan and Europe will do with regard to saving money on a design and they will tell you "No" at some point. I have never had a company on the main land of China tell me "No". The problem is you do not always know what your going to get in the end until you get it! I also find that Chinese companies with cheapen your design any place they think they can. Normally it is using cheaper grade of plastic than what you specified or skipping complicated heat treatment or using wires that have less copper in them but large insulation often cheaper than specified as well. So you have to specify a higher grade than you need because you know they will lower it once you agree to pre-production prototypes. You almost have to put your own people in QC if you actually want to keep the lemons off the ship to you.

Luckily today I do not have those worries I only contract for limited runs of parts and I deal mostly with Taiwan and Europe. The biggest problem is that so many people in North America and Europe want the absolute cheapest price that you seldom see what China can actual do. No one stops to think that their computer, tv, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and a lot of other parts in larger assemblies are all made in China.

If some one in the USA or Europe designed a D104 mic and paid a competent OEM in China to build it you could have a nice mic at a still very good price point that would last. That is just not what people are asking for though! You definitely would not want to let a Chinese firm design it! The down side is you would have to deal with all the counterfeits made from your design!

On second thought, a nice D104 off Ebay for 1/3 the price of the M2 and having loose cannon to do the fet mod Sonar suggests sounds like the way to go. Oh, and a better radio. And antenna. o_O
I know this post is old, and since I'm rebuilding my whole Shack (equipment and all) and haven't been on the air in several months that fet most a great idea and was wondering if you had it done?
Recalling all the unsolicited audio reports makes the loosecannon mod an excellent option.
The silver eagle I sent him (to my recollection was in very good shape electronically,) and didn't need anything but the modification. I would safely assume that if loose Cannon were to get a d104 that wasn't in the best of condition he would have no problem refurbishing it along with the fet modification.
I kid you not. I never had anyone prior to the modification ask me what type of microphone I was on. I always assumed they knew being that d104's arnone for that tinny sounds.
Loose Cannon, and the modification he did gave the mic a very nice punch (Bass.) 73's

Thanks Sonar for that info ! I'd like more bass in my Silver Eagle w/out doing that whole studio processing thing . Do you know how it is w/ a 10-Da head ? I might have to send LC a PM if he doesn't see this .:D 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: S&W357
The Delta mic this thread is about has great reviews on-line at Amazon and other places. Only negatives I read about the mic are in this thread and have to do with the appearance only...no comments stating the mic is a bad performer.

I'm somewhat interested in the D104 fet modification. I've got a pretty good looking D104 but not much inside the base to work with but wires :confused:

414117805.jpg

Ralph , myself I have 2 D-104's ,1 is a Silver Eagle , a Turner SSK & a Sadelta Cm-40 I can't get to work right on my 2K . I like the looks of that Delta mic for sure ! Nobody on this site ( as I know ) has done a review on it .But I must say that mic comes up in conversations frequently on here & people I chat with on the radio . I can't give my 2 cent's because I've never heard one ( but would like to ) ! From the pic your D-104 doesn't have a pre-amp . Is it from your Silly ? The only way for sure we will find out about the Delta is until someone gets one .But they sure do look sweet .

Ralph , no disrespect for modding a D-104 but $ wise this mic might be a tad cheaper ? I have no idea what it cost to fet mod a bare bones D-104 . 73 & God Bless , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?