• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555 am modulation sounds weak

I got my butt chewed on several different occasions on this forum, let alone others - for pointing out things.

Some took it as a helping hand, others took my advice as a threat - either way, the way you operate your radio says more about you, than the mods you put in the radio.

So in light of all the craziness and meanness shared amongst those that wish to drive the world into a direction that many still don't want it to take, the shouts of those that want to be heard are drowned out by those that have the loudest voice.

You can call me what you wish, but all I am trying to do is equalize the playing field for everyone to fight, or play, fair.

I personally was working on radios like in this thread, but can't really talk too much about them - because of commitments I signed on for to find work at an earlier job - they are called Non-Disclosure Agreements.

Remember what I said about "Killing" or Bricking - or locking out your radio? These sections - all have "steering diodes" in them to send a signal - power or voltage - to the rightful place. If you remove too many, or short one out or place too much power thru it to "swamp out" another signal in contention, you will brick that radio - ANY radio.

upload_2020-11-3_8-55-48.png
...the "black box" approach...
The Summation.
Because? Not from "traps" but due to the nature of the Beast that the FCC Amateur and Citizen alike - all have to face - the notion that there will always be a bigger fish - that means you need to take full responsibility of that equipment you use and the voice your tongue produces.

Where does the Fish Come in? Someone else always tries to do more - with less - or worse, the same - trying to attain more from that...

The Graphic above is a representation of a summing approach to using inputs from several different "sensors" used to control the output on another. Think of this as an "AND/OR" - any of these inputs can control the box, and all the inputs can be used together to control it.

BUT - (Isn't there always a condition?)

Only if these inputs are designed to be shared. If one or another, or both - attempt to take full priority - the method fails because the other inputs are never seen.

This is why the Divider, those two resistors, or Extra parts on the Schematic - are there. To allow other devices to add their levels of input to control the output of the device.

There are other devices - shown as an NC - No-Component.

It means that as of the DATE the schematic (not build manufacture date) the Inception of it's novel design was approved and allowances for changes are considered. That part is not necessary for the current design - but this part; may be, are present, in revisions or other changes like the use of a different part that has a different level of gain, the NC can contain the component to restore Normal Operation

• Another way to look at this is the LOAD that must be shared -
  • each input uses a DIODE a one way valve
    • - to keep the inputs from others interfering with it's own function
  • Each input uses a Divider as a means to lessen the level of output,
    • to allow the other inputs to share the LOAD and deliver their information for process control
You can have a catastrophic failure of the inputs are too aggressive and not shared - the control box or the process it controls - can be rendered useless because of the nature of the failure.

You can see Didoes fail two ways...
  • One - by power flow - blows open like a Fuse - output from that sensor goes dead...
  • Two - By power dissipation - pellet melts - forming a short - line always active and function behind the diode then accepts and interacts with the other inputs.
I hope you understand, by using the above analogy - the use of the term, "Brick"
It is sage advice to know that you gather more Bees with Honey, than Flies with Vinegar.

I can't talk about the proprietary stuff, but I can point out omissions and errors that don't agree to what the FCC has on file with them, and what the radio is being sent to us from, being an undisclosed overseas location - many of these are "crippled" for a reason. Once the customer has committed to a sale - we can then look for and fix little things like what this thread and others (Stryker955 thread that many said, "those parts were never put in there") well, they were prototyped and shown to the FCC for certification - to improve the selling point via feedback, the radio was modded at the factory to still follow emission guidelines, but is not following all the values listed on the schematic let alone the support the schematic was approved for. There is a difference.

Type certification was supposed to be strict, so in a way, they killed the ability of an upstart community of smaller companies to work together in the United States to build communication Equipment.

Because the FCC has so much Red - Tape - those that have their foot in the door are grandfathered in, the rest that could provide a source of Made In America - lost the window of opportunity and are instead getting sold off in droves on the internet to foreign investors looking to find an edge in our market.

Last edited:
Wow that was a bit over my head but ok. I agree that people on here are mean as several have been that way to me just for asking for help.

I found your answer, at least why that performs like a "turd".

It's actually a Quality issue, you have a part that fell off.

You're missing a 1.2K Chip SMD resistor - See orange Circled part? The open pads next to it are for your missing part.

It changes the performance because the 1.2K's act as a divider - splitting the signal into half it's drive value before passing along thru D41 into the AMC amp circuit.

So to be honest, if you can put a smaller value like 560 (561) where those two pads are - that would be even better for this than to say remove your D41 diode.
Interesting year later I got the same radio and same part is missing in mine ,maybe there isn't a part there .

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Ok, that's two - goes back to the "FCC-Type acceptance" has to have the part, but doesn't get used in final assembly once the radios' been passed FCC.

So I'll update - it's R99...and yes it's missing...

This does happen - and to me, it's why I rely on the schematics - for the building process and the Q - Control don't always seem to work hand in hand.

So, how about side to side?
upload_2021-10-8_9-26-11.png
This is why the subject of "internal Revision"
comes up a lot as THE EXCUSE
for crappy radio performance.

They simply don't want a profit machine like the AT 5555 or AT line period, going under more scrutiny than that which it already has.

What's the best way to make the radio UNDERPERFORM so it doesn't exceed the specs the radio was designed with and as? (But still work?)

You get with the QC and or Assembly and put in "stop gap" measures so that when the production line quotas are done, each and every radio AFTER a given revision or production date, also contains missing, revised or edited in some way - part content that deprecates the radio - but it will pass FCC type acceptance (not as a CB but as Amateur Radio - leaving you responsible for it's emissions) so it doesn't get hauled into the office and then have to explain to the CEO of a very big loss and write off.

Think about the above - it's like telling the Customer buying the car, you don't get the spare tire but you can buy one for it.

Why to they do that? Weight? No, parts content? No. They're figuring you're going to buy the spare tire and that means one-piece item for that style of rim - means more $$$ for their pockets. You don't need it, but you'd want it (one) if you ever get stranded with a flat tire right?
  • NOTE: I emphasized NEED and WANT - one needs only 4 tires and gets you thru it, the other is a desire; you WANT to be prepared with a spare to get you thru it if the Optimist fails and Pessimist takes over and now you have to take control of the situation.
So if it happens; and that tire blows - and you can't remove the tire or your in a ditch somewhere where you can't even jack up the car to get the tire off... Well, what do most lame-ducks do? Call a tow truck to change it for them - or get it towed to the tire/dealer shop for them to put it on.

Ok, see why they decided?

Give them a deprecated radio - so they don't get in trouble with the FCC - if it ever comes back. It's a Blame game - you're lame - you got the blame - you can then explain to the ones that want your a$$ for interference - that you fixed your own equipment and this is what you got in return for all of your love for radio - is their love for peace and quiet from your stuff.

Reactions: Rwb
Ok, that's two - goes back to the "FCC-Type acceptance" has to have the part, but doesn't get used in final assembly once the radios' been passed FCC.

This does happen - and to me, it's why I rely on the schematics - for the building process and the Q - Control don't always seem to work hand in hand.

View attachment 47610

They simply don't want a profit machine like the AT 5555 or AT line period, going under more scrutiny than that which it already has.

What's the best way to make the radio UNDERPERFORM so it doesn't exceed the specs the radio was designed with and as? (But still work?)

You get with the QC and or Assembly and put in "stop gap" measures so that when the production line quotas are done, each and every radio AFTER a given revision or production date, also contains missing, revised or edited in some way - part content that deprecates the radio - but it will pass FCC type acceptance (not as a CB but as Amateur Radio - leaving you responsible for it's emissions) so it doesn't get hauled into the office and then have to explain to the CEO of a very big loss and write off.

Think about the above - it's like telling the Customer buying the car, you don't get the spare tire but you can buy one for it.

Why to they do that? Weight? No, parts content? No. They're figuring you're going to buy the spare tire and that means one-piece item for that style of rim - means more $$$ for their pockets. You don't need it, but you'd want it (one) if you ever get stranded with a flat tire right?
  • NOTE: I emphasized NEED and WANT - one needs only 4 tires and gets you thru it, the other is a desire; you WANT to be prepared with a spare to get you thru it if the Optimist fails and Pessimist takes over and now you have to take control of the situation.
So if it happens; and that tire blows - and you can't remove the tire or your in a ditch somewhere where you can't even jack up the car to get the tire off... Well, what do most lame-ducks do? Call a tow truck to change it for them - or get it towed to the tire/dealer shop for them to put it on.

Give them a deprecated radio - so they don't get in trouble with the FCC - if it ever comes back. It's a Blame game - you're lame - you got the blame - you can then explain to the ones that want your a$$ for interference - that you fixed your own equipment and this is what you got in return for all of your love for radio - is their love for peace and quiet from your stuff.

Thats it ,same part, my radio was built in 2015 even though just got it ,appreciate what you do on here helping folks,I'm new if you need pic for proof ,will upload as soon as i figure out how ,its a cheap radio so every part left out ,saves them money??who knows ,it works decent for ssb ,so least there's that .

View attachment 47610

Here ya go

Attachments

• 20211008_102658.jpg
    20211008_102658.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: Rwb and Handy Andy
The at-5555 plus version 7 does not have any adjustment pods inside at all no variables neither so I'm asking does anybody know where I might find the audio limiter that I can remove ? I don't care if it's a splatter box the audio is far too low

The at-5555 plus version 7 does not have any adjustment pods inside at all no variables neither so I'm asking does anybody know where I might find the audio limiter that I can remove ? I don't care if it's a splatter box the audio is far too low
No there are no potentiometers (pots) inside, it's all service menu driven. Getting into the service menu should get you plenty of audio!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.