• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555

I have the Top Gun Quad 5. The only difference between the two that I am aware of is you can use a regular 4 pin mic on the Quad 5. No hot pins on the mic connection.
I've only used the Quad 5 for a short time but I like it. IMHO if someone wants a Stryker 955 for SSB but only has a 447/655 sized wallet this would be a good option. Not quite the power of the Strykers but close. I find the side mic can present some mobile installation issues, but it opens up the front of the radio for us fat fingered folks. The display is really nice in the truck day or night. The ability to program 60 channels on one band is nice, especially if you like wandering up past ch40 (for listening purposes only of course;)). The receive is a little hot, but no worse than a Stryker.

JD

I have the CRT SS-6900N its basically the same radio as the at-5555 decent radio for what it is.

I have been running the 5555 in my truck for the past few years. The stock mic is a toy, I use a 636 with mine. Pin 4 in the mic plug needs to have it's wire disconnected to use with this radio as it has power coming from the radio. Pin 4 in a Cobra wired mic connects to ground to turn on the recieve audio in a Cobra. Might have bad results on this radio, don't get your microphones mixed up. The 11 meter conversion is easy, just push a few buttons in the menu. Mine was great right out of the box, but I turned up the am modulation anyway.

Reactions: Crawdad
I have been running the 5555 in my truck for the past few years. The stock mic is a toy, I use a 636 with mine. Pin 4 in the mic plug needs to have it's wire disconnected to use with this radio as it has power coming from the radio. Pin 4 in a Cobra wired mic connects to ground to turn on the recieve audio in a Cobra. Might have bad results on this radio, don't get your microphones mixed up. The 11 meter conversion is easy, just push a few buttons in the menu. Mine was great right out of the box, but I turned up the am modulation anyway.
Another slight drawback regarding the Quad 5. A 10k resistor must be removed for 11 meter operation.

JD

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Have you considered the quad 6? I got a local who just got a quad 6 and I have to say it sounds fantastic on SSB with the stock microphone. Best export SSB sounding radio I ever heard. Really. It's that good.

Completely agree with L2 on best export SSB sound. Have heard them local and DX and always sound very clear and the right kind of loud. Fellow forum member 455monte and I have had a couple QSOs between SC and KY and his Quad 6 makes the trip barefoot 5x9.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.