1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Anytone 6666 and Lincolin 2. Whic would be better

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Staybolt, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Staybolt

Staybolt Well-Known Member

Im looking at both as I need a smaller radio for my ride and im split between both. How to they sound on SSB is most important and are they loud on AM?

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 From the high plains of Texas

I can't speak for the Lincoln ii but I can say that the 6666 is an outstanding radio right out of the box. I'm so pleased that it got another so I have as base and a mobile. Excellent ssb performance and punchy am audio. Just my $0.02

3. L2

L2 Active Member

They both sound great on SSB. I was impressed with frequency stability and audio quality. I don't do AM so I can't help there.

357magnum likes this.
  4. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

The President has a 2 year warranty that can be extended to 5 if you buy their antenna. Does the Anytone even have a warranty? I have heard excellent things about both radios although I don't own either one. I was looking at these a while back and then came across a good deal on a Stryker 955.

Here is an excellent review on the Lincoln:
    http://www.cbradiomagazine.com/Radi... II/President Lincoln II CB Radio Export.html

President%20Lincoln%20II%20(3).jpg

5. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

I like both , but have been leaning towards the Anytone . Just because a friend has one . Iv'e heard/used it . I like all the Bells & Whistles it comes with and simplicity of use . But also have heard a lot of good things on the Lincoln . Decisions , Decisions , Decisions . Might be time for a coin toss ?:LOL:

6. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Well-Known Member

I have the same assessment after researching and comparing. Stryker 955.

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  7. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 From the high plains of Texas

Yes that is one drawback to the anytone, no US support as far as warranty. There are a couple of sellers I've seen that warranty themselves but I don't know about all that. I've owned one for quite sometime and the other for a couple of months with no issues but I can only speak for myself. Like you said, decisions decisions!

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  8. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Well Thanks a lot all ! I never considered the Stryker until these posts , Talk about decision's ? $ wise it's right in the Ball Park & if spec's are close a little more wattage than you can get from an At-6666 .:confused::eek::whistle:

9. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Hey leo I do enjoy my 955

Shadetree Mechanic and 357magnum like this.
  10. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Bobby , Not lying just checked the Stryker out this Am . I must say pretty impressive ! How close to do you get to the spec wattage output ? I already have a Stryker antenna so.... ?:LOL:

11. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

With rf power turned all the way up I can get 80 watts...

rabbiporkchop and 357magnum like this.
  12. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Sr. Member

The clarifier on the Lincoln 2 is incremental which means you're going to have some dead spots.

Shadetree Mechanic and 357magnum like this.
  13. 743SEPA

743SEPA Active Member

I have all 3 and I like the Anytone best for its compactness and ease of programming. But for a full size radio that 955 is GREAT! Plus it's really purty!

14. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

743 , I had to look what was in your scale on your Avatar . My first thoughts ... Wow that's a lot of powder !:LOL:

15. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Well-Known Member

Lincoln II over the Anytone - just better build quality, even in the plastic on the front. They both are good radios but 10 years from know I'd bet the Lincoln will still be working and the Anytone will be in the trash based on the quality.

Stryker works fine but definitely isn't a nice compact radio like the Lincoln and I like the frequency adjustment way better on the Lincoln for freeband and 10 meter.

Slowmover, L2 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.