• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone ARES VI concept...

Pez

Apr 24, 2021
Australia
Anytone ARES VI concept....

Classic look, modern features. Based on AT-5555NII / ARES II platform. What do you think?

SPECIFICATIONS:
- 24.710 - 30.110MHz (12m-10m)
- 6 Digit frequency counter
- LSB/USB/AM/FM/CW
- 60+ Watts SSB and AM, 45 Watts FM and CW
- VFO and CHAN modes (VFO Steps: 10Hz/100Hz/1KHz/5KHz/10KHz/100KHz/1MHz)
- NRC (RX and TX) Noise Reduction - adjustable
- PC Programmable
- Fine and Course Clarifier (selectable R / T / R+T)
- CTCSS+DCS
- Repeater SPLIT mode
- WX VHF Receiver (with programmable VHF FM Scanner feature 140-170MHz)
- HI-CUT, NB/ANL, TOT, SWR Protection Functions
- 4-pin Microphone connector: Dynamic and Electret compatible

ARES VI CONCEPT  V7.jpg

Pez

Almost Perfect, but i would keep the cost down by eliminating the scanner thing, unnecessary, keep it 25w/8w, no ctcss tone board and split function, not needed. Then it would be perfect. Also extra attention needs to be given to the receiver. Anyone can build a transmitter, big deal. its the receiver that counts and will make or break a radio. Just my opinion and what i see as useful for just a cb radio.

Last edited:
Almost Perfect, but i would keep the cost down by eliminating the scanner thing, unnecessary, keep it 25w/8w, no ctcss tone board and split function, not needed. Then it would be perfect. Also extra attention needs to be given to the receiver. Anyone can build a transmitter, big deal. its the receiver that counts and will make or break a radio. Just my opinion and what i see as useful for just a cb radio.
The basic VHF RX scanner is already included on the base PCB (same as ARES II) - no additional cost for this. So for no extra cost, you get VHF RX, for USA weather / 2m ham / VHF Marine / as well as Police-Fire-Ambulance service monitoring in some parts of the world. :)

There is no need to lower the maximum TX power to 25w either - the PCB already exists for these higher power levels (60w SSB, etc). You can adjust it down to 25w with the power knob on the front as you wish.

CTCSS and SPLIT are 100% needed for Ham radio 10m use. This is a key feature of this radio - It would be a REAL 10m / 12m radio.

The RX would be exactly the same as the AT-5555Nii / ARES II - class leading performance is already in there.

Last edited:
IMHO the Quad 6 will always have the advantage of it's smaller size. This new radio looks like it is the size of a "Big" radio.
Now if Qixiang could incorporate the NR feature and dynamic/electret mic choice into the Quad 6 that would be something!

JD
You know JD, after I hit post & went to get another coffee I thought of the size also.

Reactions: Pez and jdchet
There is actually a new version of the 6666 coming out this summer. Called the 6666+.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.