• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555 or AT-6666

Good choice. I think the 5555 is turdish compared to the 6666.

Not really turdish per se. If you run like a TS500 or higher behind it. It has kinda like a base look to it IMO. The lack of second stage IF filter may affect things. I didn't want to risk buying another 5555 and have to add filter and reset things to get the same type of specs as the 6666.

Reactions: Mudfoot
Never had a 5555, but I do have the 6666 and the SS 9900 ( basically same rig but with 12 meter's) and like em both.

I was just reading the manual on the Quad 6, and it apparently has CTCSS tones! That's good news because it means I can use the 10M repeaters without having to add an aftermarket tone board.

The AT-5555 doesn't have tones built in. It's no problem to add them, but it's convenient that the 6 already has them.

I don't think it has them either. I believe it has option for a tone board.
Oh well. At least it has a menu item to control it. I wonder if the board is actually available? I'll have to take a look on ebay. I did find the programming cable there.

I seen't one on eBay a few weeks back.
I'll have to watch for it; I was just there and didn't see one. I did order the programming cable, though. Not the cheap one. I saw that BlueMax49ers sells one for the 6, and having bought cables from him for commercial VHF/UHF radios, decided it was worth the extra money.

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.