• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555 or AT-6666

Don't own either but I have two friends using the 6666 on SSB. I'm very impressed with the sound quality.

Reactions: 357magnum
The regular 5555 (not the 5555n) is bigger. The 6666 had more watts than the 5555.

The 5555 has more knobs. The 6666 has more menu type things.

Overall the 6666 would be my choice. I had the plain 5555. And granted as I used it CW didn't matter. But let it be known the 5555 has a flaw for CW mode.

I also had a Lincoln 2+ as well. Granted at the time I didn't have my current A99 but a 5' NGP firestik on the side of my mobile and it sucked.. probably due to the antenna.

Currently torn between power of RX stability.. I heard from several the AT6666 rocks on both areas.

Reactions: 357magnum
Only thing I don't like about it so far, is the memory selection is kinda goofy. My local dudes say it sounds good on all modes. Receive is less noisey than my 5555n.

The dual knobs have a little drag, but should limber up. The small size is nice. It's not a TURD so far.

I just wanted something different for my DD. Been running my Optima, but I want to keep it in the shack. It's still my favorite export by far.

I have been running a 5555 in my truck for a few weeks now. Way better than the Galaxy 99v that I had in there. I might end up with the 6666 in my other vehicle when I take out the anytone smart and put it in my golf cart.

I got a lead for the 5555 v6 for $189 shipped here in the US..

I kinda miss mine.. I may go this route and just run barefoot local.. and up a tad to get just over 100w with SSB with my voice.. currently getting only 40-60w with the 203 amp.. I can whistle to 120w of so with the TR-296DX.. but I don't whistle when I talk.

In my prior write up from August of 2018.. I was getting good and clear numbers with the 203 and the 5555..

Turning down the 6666 to run with the 203 on ssb would be almost impossible I think.. anyone want to chime in with low SSB power output numbers??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?