• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555 or AT-6666

Apparently with power down at 2w the unit does about 3 1/2w with audio tone introduced.. just saw a dw video where he does overview.. with it all the way up is a 12w dk and 50w or so with same tone on AM.. so I am speculating you could dial in the RM203 (or other amp) to get your desired 'amp' dk. Per say 30w or so on the 203 for an example..

Apparently with power down at 2w the unit does about 3 1/2w with audio tone introduced.. just saw a dw video where he does overview.. with it all the way up is a 12w dk and 50w or so with same tone on AM.. so I am speculating you could dial in the RM203 (or other amp) to get your desired 'amp' dk. Per say 30w or so on the 203 for an example..

Thanks,

I adjusted DK to 3/4 AM, SSB to 12 watts pep. Driving my TS DX-350. Seems to be working fine. I'll check amp output later.

Anytone AT-5555n

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I'm getting around 8 with both modes. Probably need to lower it again. I'm just being lazy today. I best put meter inline and test the right way.

I'm getting around 8 with both modes. Probably need to lower it again. I'm just being lazy today. I best put meter inline and test the right way.
Yeah. If I had the power up to say 3w AM would start at like 7-8 on the TS meter. Dropped to where it said 6on dk for AM and it seemed to work better at say a loose 200w or so..

Yeah. If I had the power up to say 3w AM would start at like 7-8 on the TS meter. Dropped to where it said 6on dk for AM and it seemed to work better at say a loose 200w or so..

Getting 150 pep on AM with a tone. SSS is 250 pep.

Think I'll try to get 125 on AM and 200 on SSB and call it good.

Getting 150 pep on AM with a tone. SSS is 250 pep.

Think I'll try to get 125 on AM and 200 on SSB and call it good.
Sounds like it's good. I don't think your voice hits the high numbers do they..

Maybe shoot for 125w AM and like 225w SSB pending on how you run it.

I wasn't happy banging 300w on my meter on SSB that's for sure.. it looked cool but long qso and it started to get warm.. with the Ranger 296 I was getting like 230 on SSB with my voice.. whistle was then 300w with 18w on SSB going in.. luckily my voice isn't a whistle.

I got the 6666 and I like the thing, think I'm being held back by my antenna though. I skipped out to OH from NC yesterday so it'll reach out. Unfortunately though, the channel select knob has a nasty habit of jumping backwards when I try to go forwards (and the thing is brand new).

Mine does that occasionally but not a problem Usually if I'm switching back and forth between "channel indicator" and "frequency indicator".

How does the up/down channel control on the mic work? Mine is fine...just use that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated