• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

A strange thing happened,,
I just noticed that on any bank of memory channels (A to F) if you are on any channel from 1 to 40 and switch from any bank to another it will stay on the same memory number for each bank, however if you leave it on any channel from 41 - 60 and switch from any bank to another, it will go to channel 1 every time.
Anyone else noticed this before..??

11mGuy

This is pure gold, thank you @BlueBeam! I am going to try this on my Ares 2.
The method I posted will not hardly do anything on the Ares2. Even with service menu access it does very little.
I have since chose a different area to do NPC on this chassis even though the method I posted does wake up the other radios with this board it's next to useless on the Ares2. Has AnyTone leaked the service menu yet?

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
The method I posted will not hardly do anything on the Ares2. Even with service menu access it does very little.
I have since chose a different area to do NPC on this chassis even though the method I posted does wake up the other radios with this board it's next to useless on the Ares2. Has AnyTone leaked the service menu yet?
Thanks for the clarification, I was hoping that it would work on the Ares 2. I have not seen anything about the service menu yet.

AnyTone AT-5555 Plus V7 Service Menu Settings:

I started the service menu adjustments. I wrote down the first 19 items and adjusted only the 4 items mentioned above to get this radio swinging and modulating on AM. All other items are factory and not touched. I listed the factory setting and the setting I changed it to on those 4 items. Everything looks good on my testing equipment. I will report what kind of audio reports I get tonight locally. I will write down and then type into Excel the rest of the settings when I have time.

Thank you BlueBeam for the information.
Hello I have one problem I have changed in menu 10 and 17 and do not get back to the correct number with the keys I have the latest version radio???
Meny settings by cable???

Last edited:
Yes strange can only go higher can't turn all the way down to right number??? hope someone can help me because the radio is only 4 days old
Try to be a bit more specific. Geeeezzzz. Tell us what you're trying to change, why, and exactly what is happening.

Try to be a bit more specific. Geeeezzzz. Tell us what you're trying to change, why, and exactly what is happening.
I was just going to write down all the factory setting numbers and change them to what was recommended, but when I entered menu no. 10 and 17 and turned on the channel selector, it went up in number but not back down to the correct number. When I send with the radio sounds like I'm sitting deep inside a tube and talking now.

I was just going to write down all the factory setting numbers and change them to what was recommended, but when I entered menu no. 10 and 17 and turned on the channel selector, it went up in number but not back down to the correct number. When I send with the radio sounds like I'm sitting deep inside a tube and talking now.
I have no idea what settings 10 and 17 are. Seems like getting info from you is like trying to pull teeth. Try turning it to the right and see if it keeps going and starts over. You still haven't said what you're attempting to adjust. Sounds to me like you don't know, either SMFH.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to get into the service menu and start screwing with things. These Anytone radios work great right out of the box, so why mess with it. I guess for some people, if there's nowhere to insert the proverbial golden screwdriver, then messing with the service menu is the next best thing.........:rolleyes:. And you can screw up the radio even faster than with the golden screwdriver !

I'll never understand why people feel the need to get into the service menu and start screwing with things. These Anytone radios work great right out of the box, so why mess with it. I guess for some people, if there's nowhere to insert the proverbial golden screwdriver, then messing with the service menu is the next best thing.........:rolleyes:. And you can screw up the radio even faster than with the golden screwdriver !

I don't know. I don't get it. I mean, I did my Stryker with the menu, but I knew exactly what I wanted to accomplish and what aspects of the performance I needed to alter. I made my adjustments according to the mic and amp I'm running so that everything is at a good match and sounds good. When someone tells me they screwed with number 10 and 17 it's a good indication they're clueless. Time to pay the technician.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.