• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

I'll never understand why people feel the need to get into the service menu and start screwing with things. These Anytone radios work great right out of the box, so why mess with it. I guess for some people, if there's nowhere to insert the proverbial golden screwdriver, then messing with the service menu is the next best thing.........:rolleyes:. And you can screw up the radio even faster than with the golden screwdriver !
Someone said that my modulation on USB was a bit choppy, so I should check out the service menu

Is there a setting that affects the speaker volume? My anytone 5555 plus I basically have to turn volume on max to hear it. It’s super quiet, not sure if I accidentally did something in the service menu

I accidentally did something in the service menu
Not sure why people mess with the service menu at all in these radios ! It's just asking for trouble. Some folks have bricked perfectly good radios 'cause they just couldn't resist the urge to mess with the service menu......

The Anytone radios work excellent right out of the box........hook it up, use it, and be happy, no need to mess with what doesn't need to be messed with !
Someone said that my modulation on USB was a bit choppy,
Highly unlikely to be anything in the service menu. More likely you're using a non-stock mic and it's overdriving the audio. Or the mic gain is simply set to high.

Is there a setting that affects the speaker volume? My anytone 5555 plus I basically have to turn volume on max to hear it. It’s super quiet, not sure if I accidentally did something in the service menu
What does your S meter show? Did you mess with the RF gain?

Not sure why people mess with the service menu at all in these radios ! It's just asking for trouble. Some folks have bricked perfectly good radios 'cause they just couldn't resist the urge to mess with the service menu......

The Anytone radios work excellent right out of the box........hook it up, use it, and be happy, no need to mess with what doesn't need to be messed with !

Highly unlikely to be anything in the service menu. More likely you're using a non-stock mic and it's overdriving the audio. Or the mic gain is simply set to high.
I didn't change anything in service menu, just went through and wrote everything in it on an excel sheet. The internal speaker is just very quiet on the radio especially in my mobile. It transmit and receives excellent speaker is just not loud like my 959.

What does your S meter show? Did you mess with the RF gain?
I didn't change anything I'm aware of, I just need to have the volume completely cranked up to hear out of the internal speaker. Not sure if folks upgrade the speaker on these. I always run RF Gain on max on the dial, the radio receives great. The internal speaker is just terrible. Only thing I did was wrote down everything in the service menu and clipped the #4 pin on the mic to run my 636L

clipped the #4 pin on the mic to run my 636L
I wonder if it's like a Cobra mic and the receive audio goes out when the mic is disconnected ? Could be the issue if nothing else has been changed. Did the problem start after the mic modification or was the volume really low right out of the box?
I have a 6666 and the speaker is quite loud, even in the mobile. I'd imagine the 5555 should be similar.

Ok I think I remember something about this radio from a you tube video that I cant seem to find.

There are two versions of this radio, one with noise reduction (DSP) and one without. If you want the noise reduction, which is the best selling feature, you have to get the "N" version. The box explains this.

View attachment 58756

View attachment 58757
There are a lot more than two versions, I have the 5555 version six. The 5555N is a different Radio. I’ve had my 5555 version six in my truck per over 10 years and haven’t had any issues with it whatsoever. I live in the northeast and drive my truck at least once a day so it gets used pretty regularly.

There are a lot more than two versions, I have the 5555 version six. The 5555N is a different Radio. I’ve had my 5555 version six in my truck per over 10 years and haven’t had any issues with it whatsoever. I live in the northeast and drive my truck at least once a day so it gets used pretty regularly.
This was in reference to the newest version of the 5555. It comes in two flavors: 5555+ as the standard version and 5555+N as the version with DSP noise reduction. The 5555N is a different radio.

Reactions: BC Coyote
I wonder if it's like a Cobra mic and the receive audio goes out when the mic is disconnected ? Could be the issue if nothing else has been changed. Did the problem start after the mic modification or was the volume really low right out of the box?
I have a 6666 and the speaker is quite loud, even in the mobile. I'd imagine the 5555 should be similar.
It was low out of the box. I turned it on and did service menu item list just cause I saw a suggesting on here to do it. I had it on external speaker on my base setup though and it was loud. It’s very quiet until I get 3/4 and above on knob. I’ll hook the wire back up in radio and see if that maybe helps good idea. I didn’t have issues with 636L hooked up but sometimes auto squelch turns on with my topgun quad5 so I just said heck with it and clipped wire while I had it open. Sorry for run on sentence on my phone lol

That really does sound like the internal speaker is defective. Is it still under warranty ? If so I would just send it back (if reconnecting that wire doesn't work) and get another radio sent out.
If it's no longer under warranty you could do the repair yourself.....you would have to order a replacement speaker the right size and impedence.

That really does sound like the internal speaker is defective. Is it still under warranty ? If so I would just send it back (if reconnecting that wire doesn't work) and get another radio sent out.
If it's no longer under warranty you could do the repair yourself.....you would have to order a replacement speaker the right size and impedence.
It’s a week old radio, but I already opened it up. I’ve got extra speakers around. Going to give that a shot. I can just run an external in the rig as well. If that doesn’t change it I’ll reattach the 4th pin wire. I was just super concerned I changed something on the service menu copying everything over. Because when you’re in service menu and you turn volume knob it will say something like u-1-30 or whatever but figured it was just showing what volume was at.

Because when you’re in service menu and you turn volume knob it will say something like u-1-30 or whatever but figured it was just showing what volume was at.
Hmmmm.. So long as you didn't actually change any of the parameters in the service menu you should be OK. Pretty sure the way those change is by keying the mic briefly while the parameter is displayed, when in the service menu.
So, as long as you didn't key up while in the service menu you should be fine.

I strongly suspect the speaker is the problem because you said an external speaker works fine, it's only the internal one which is low in volume. Please correct me if I got that wrong !
The internal and external speakers are selected by a switch inside the ext speaker plug so they share the same circuits. If one is working, the other should also work, unless of course it is blown/defective.

Hmmmm.. So long as you didn't actually change any of the parameters in the service menu you should be OK. Pretty sure the way those change is by keying the mic briefly while the parameter is displayed, when in the service menu.
So, as long as you didn't key up while in the service menu you should be fine.

I strongly suspect the speaker is the problem because you said an external speaker works fine, it's only the internal one which is low in volume. Please correct me if I got that wrong !
The internal and external speakers are selected by a switch inside the ext speaker plug so they share the same circuits. If one is working, the other should also work, unless of course it is blown/defective.
I think you’re correct the only time I keyed up on service menu I had another hand on a pen with paper. So I’m positive nothing was changed. Not sure if there’s a master list of what all the service menu items do. I doubt any effect the speaker. The anytone should be an 8ohm speaker I’m assuming like a majority of radios. I should have a couple kicking around I’ll give it a shot after I pull it back out of the mobile.

Reactions: BC Coyote

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.