• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

Here it is with a pot! I used a 1k ohm pot and you can hit the modulation sweet spot from 0-100 on the power knob. One you set your dead key with the RF power knob, you adjust the swing mod knob for max modulation at that dead key and POW!

Attachments

• 20221213_121607.jpg
    20221213_121607.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • 20221213_121614.jpg
    20221213_121614.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • 20221213_121620.jpg
    20221213_121620.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
That surface mount diode has a test pad between it and the cap it connects to so I used that pad so as not remove any surface mount stuff by accident. FYI.
Yep great deal! I mounted it to the surface mount diode just for a more rigid mounting surface and heck yeah the 1k pot is definitely the way to go for versatility! It's definitely the best way to do it. I'm glad to see someone use this mod to the full extent! Please give some reports on how you like it. Great Job!

Reactions: BigBadWolf
Yep great deal! I mounted it to the surface mount diode just for a more rigid mounting surface and heck yeah the 1k pot is definitely the way to go for versatility! It's definitely the best way to do it. I'm glad to see someone use this mod to the full extent! Please give some reports on how you like it. Great Job!
Already know this works because I can really tune the modulation in at different power levels across the range. I'm in Louisiana and I talk to Maine a lot and they just said it's smoking loud and swinging all that way! Thanks for the info.

Already know this works because I can really tune the modulation in at different power levels across the range. I'm in Louisiana and I talk to Maine a lot and they just said it's smoking loud and swinging all that way! Thanks for the info.
You've definitely got the right idea on how to fully utilize this mod. I'm glad you explained how to do it. Take Care and have fun!

Reactions: BigBadWolf
Here it is with a pot! I used a 1k ohm pot and you can hit the modulation sweet spot from 0-100 on the power knob. One you set your dead key with the RF power knob, you adjust the swing mod knob for max modulation at that dead key and POW!
I like the way you put the adjustment pot on the back. That is really slick, I plan on getting one of these radios when the noise reduction version becomes available.

The service menu settings woke up my quad 5 a little bit I noticed while tuning the AM high power I watched my watt meter go as high as 50 watts average somewhere above the 200 range so I backed it down to 40 according to my meter.
I'm interested in the npc mod that a guy posted a picture of so many comments back and all I seen was a big through the board type diode added I couldn't tell if anything else was added or extracted so if at all possible would somebody clarify the mod in more detail for me please.
Next moneth when the whole world slows down from the holidays I'm gonna order like say 5 of those Palomar max mods just to have extra plus the one I'm going to put in this radio o.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.