• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

They are pretty clearly labeled in the radio. I don't remember off hand.
lol, not really. they use stupid abbreviations for the settings. for example: c9, rcdt, Cpel, etc. what the hell is that? you need to look at a manual to find out. just looking at it, who knows.

Reactions: BigBadWolf
You guys was correct on the palomar max mod tho I didn't do it to my radio a friend of mine sent his quad 6 in to a tech had the max mod installed and his experience is not a pleasant one.
He's not at all satisfied he claims his radio doesn not woomrk as well as it did before

Hi guys, first post in this forum,,
Purchased an Anytone AT-5555 Plus/N a few days back. Just a few notes on how I re-programmed memories.. It's quite easy when you do it properly,,

The very first thing I did after hooking it all up and powering up for the first time, was to perform the 'FUNC/EMG + Power On', and changed it to "2Bands". Worked like a charm..

After a while of changing some settings etc, I tried to get it linked to my PC - Win10 and just two years old now. I saw the the radio had a USB B Mini port on the back so I pushed in one of my many matching cables and plugged it into the PC but I had trouble installing a driver - that was a big No-Go, no matter what I tried. After 2 days solid trying to get it going, still no go, so I temporarily gave up, but then I had a thought "Maybe I need to get the genuine cable. Maybe, just maybe it has a chip or something inside it to get the PC to see it under its own set of rules". I looked on the site where I bought the radio and emailed the guy about it but got no reply. The picture of the genuine cable looked like it had a big plastic area where you grab ahold and insert it and I thought "I'll bet that's the case - it has a chip inside that". I instantly bought it and hoped for the best.

In the few days I had to wait before it arrived (which was just a few hours ago) I decided to create a new memory file and edit it with my own preferences. I found where all saves were stored on C Drive, copied it all and backed it up then started editing. Reviews and YouTube both showed how it could be done, BUT, that was with the radio communicating with the PC. I did this completely manually and then saved it under a new name and believe me even though it took a few hours to complete, I think the longest period of time was spent deciding what to store in each memory in each bank. Once it was all finished, I stored all 360 channels (6 banks of 60 mems) onto C-Drive with the rest and just used the radio in its normal state. The big surprise was that even though I had read online and seen on YouTube that it was supposed to extend frequencies right from 25.615 to 30.105 Mhz. I had been reading things elsewhere that it could actually go right down to 24.615 Mhz, so I decided I would use Bank A with 24.615 Mhz up through to 25.xxx Mhz. Hey what the heck, if it doesn't load up into the radio (that's "if" I can get it communicating with the PC) and something goes wrong, I can always do a reset, can't I..!!

Well the courier turned up a few hours ago with my stuff and as soon as I got it unpacked (I had other stuff I also ordered with it too), I simply plugged the genuine cable into the USB port on the PC and BANG, straight away in went the drivers all by themselves and up came a message "Ready to use" - Yeahah.. In went the other end of the cable into the AT5555 and I made sure the port setting was in place - it was, so I tried to read from the radio and away it went BUT, up came a message "error 6 something overflow" . Oh sh*t, it had to happen, didn't it? I tried a few different ports, no difference, same error. What the heck, I'll try to write to the radio. I loaded up my special memory saved file and sent it to the radio. The display lit up END, so I turned it off then back on. Wowwweee it loaded into the set - all the frequencies, even right down to 24.615..
Now I am a happy chappy. Tomorrow I'll give it a workout but for now it's night time and 10, 11 and 12 metres is dead..

Cheers all, hope to post more here and maybe other forums withing this site...
Bye..

Last edited:
Reactions: Holydvr
Hi guys, first post in this forum,,
Purchased an Anytone AT-5555 Plus/N a few days back. Just a few notes on how I re-programmed memories.. It's quite easy when you do it properly,,

The very first thing I did after hooking it all up and powering up for the first time, was to perform the 'FUNC/EMG + Power On', and changed it to "2Bands". Worked like a charm..

After a while of changing some settings etc, I tried to get it linked to my PC - Win10 and just two years old now. I saw the the radio had a USB B Mini port on the back so I pushed in one of my many matching cables and plugged it into the PC but I had trouble installing a driver - that was a big No-Go, no matter what I tried. After 2 days solid trying to get it going, still no go, so I temporarily gave up, but then I had a thought "Maybe I need to get the genuine cable. Maybe, just maybe it has a chip or something inside it to get the PC to see it under its own set of rules". I looked on the site where I bought the radio and emailed the guy about it but got no reply. The picture of the genuine cable looked like it had a big plastic area where you grab ahold and insert it and I thought "I'll bet that's the case - it has a chip inside that". I instantly bought it and hoped for the best.

In the few days I had to wait before it arrived (which was just a few hours ago) I decided to create a new memory file and edit it with my own preferences. I found where all saves were stored on C Drive, copied it all and backed it up then started editing. Reviews and YouTube both showed how it could be done, BUT, that was with the radio communicating with the PC. I did this completely manually and then saved it under a new name and believe me even though it took a few hours to complete, I think the longest period of time was spent deciding what to store in each memory in each bank. Once it was all finished, I stored all 360 channels (6 banks of 60 mems) onto C-Drive with the rest and just used the radio in its normal state. The big surprise was that even though I had read online and seen on YouTube that it was supposed to extend frequencies right from 25.615 to 30.105 Mhz. I had been reading things elsewhere that it could actually go right down to 24.615 Mhz, so I decided I would use Bank A with 24.615 Mhz up through to 25.xxx Mhz. Hey what the heck, if it doesn't load up into the radio (that's "if" I can get it communicating with the PC) and something goes wrong, I can always do a reset, can't I..!!

Well the courier turned up a few hours ago with my stuff and as soon as I got it unpacked (I had other stuff I also ordered with it too), I simply plugged the genuine cable into the USB port on the PC and BANG, straight away in went the drivers all by themselves and up came a message "Ready to use" - Yeahah.. In went the other end of the cable into the AT5555 and I made sure the port setting was in place - it was, so I tried to read from the radio and away it went BUT, up came a message "error 6 something overflow" . Oh sh*t, it had to happen, didn't it? I tried a few different ports, no difference, same error. What the heck, I'll try to write to the radio. I loaded up my special memory saved file and sent it to the radio. The display lit up END, so I turned it off then back on. Wowwweee it loaded into the set - all the frequencies, even right down to 24.615..
Now I am a happy chappy. Tomorrow I'll give it a workout but for now it's night time and 10, 11 and 12 metres is dead..

Cheers all, hope to post more here and maybe other forums withing this site...
Bye..
I sure hope your telling the truth because all that took a long time to read and if none of works on my new one i have coming in the mail im gonna feel cheated.

Squints,
Sorry about the length of my post but it was a long winded affair for me too. I hope you get yours and enjoy it too.. Yeah, it's all the A1 truth..
The only thing I couldn't figure out was the error 6 when I tried to read from the radio but I think it was because I had the program in default freq range (28 - 29.7 Mhz) and tried to it to read the expanded memories. The genuine cable sure worked ok, but I was on the internet live when I inserted the cable into the PC, so it might have tried to grab any updated USB drivers live. As soon as it was installed, I quit off the internet and did the rest offline. As for the program, I had to select the expanded option at the very top of the memory list window because the few times I entered a frequency outside 28 - 29.7 Mhz it said outside the range or something like that until I selected the expended frequency range (24.xxx - 30.xxx), then it was all plain sailing..
Good luck
11m***

This radio is remarkably quiet. So far I haven't felt the need for squelch, NR or NB/ANL at all from 26 to 28.7 Mhz (mainly L/USB). Sometimes when traffic is very light, I actually wonder if I have the volume up far enough or if there is something wrong with the radio,, then a voice comes blasting through and I wonder no more..

Oh, I nearly forgot to ask - How do I get the knobs off the rotary switches. I tried pulling a couple of them off but no go. Is there a trick or do I just need to apply a little more muscle? I don't really like the standard flat edged knobs, especially the channel one, so I'll replace them if possible... Cheers..!!
11m***

Last edited:
In the service menu i adjusted the AM pwr hi setting at full power at 250 was as high as itll go and the radio does about 70 watts on AM .
The AMMODhi and low limitors down to 33 on both its super loud clean audio with a differant microphone ofcoarse because the stock mic barely audios.
Those small electric filinint mics work well with the quad 5 and thats what i put in my stock mic and now it has good audio .

If anyone wants to hear my NPC modded 5555plus just listen for Panic Attack at about 5:38, his gain for recording is a bit hot but you can kinda get the idea.

Hi BlueBeam,
This video is set to "private" (in the meanwhile)!? I would be interested in listening to the NPC mod. Would be great to share the video link again (or by PN if you prefer).

Thanks a lot,
Jochen, DG2IAQ, 13OP25

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated