• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

How's that going to affect your output power at the antenna ? Can you clean that dirty relay ?
Insertion loss can be a big deal, and when a relay is dirty/bad, that loss increases significantly. Some can be cleaned, some you just replace.

As an example, only -1dB of insertion and cable loss (a "typical" example dB loss you might see in a regular radio/ham shack), assuming a 100W TX power, equates to around 20W of loss. So, 80W getting to the antenna.

Have a play: https://www.lasercalculator.com/gain-loss-calculator/

These relays are the 'sealed' kind. My solution to these kinds of problems is to dremel a very very tiny hole in an upper corner of the plastic relay case and squirt a tiny amount of cleaner in there. Then work the relay on and off a few times. Sometimes works, sometimes works only for a little while.
In bad cases the relay would need to be replaced, and they are often unobtanium....... hoping this one just needs to be cleaned.

The amp is working just fine as is on FM and SSB which is where I am most of the time. I will try cleaning the relay this weekend and see how it goes.

Reactions: Pez and whiteastro
In bad cases the relay would need to be replaced, and they are often unobtanium....... hoping this one just needs to be cleaned.
Maybe a radio shop could recommend a replacement relay of equal value. I'm bad at remembering names but you have some Sharpies in here. ( Nomad ) He sent me a replacement part for my Old Palomar 300A I just haven't had time to work on it and it's easy to put off because I have other Amps to use. But I liked that old Palomar and wish Nomad was close so I could have him rebuild it. ( Wishful Thinking Again ! ) LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Keto and BC Coyote
I could have sworn that someone in the past 26 pages someone has said that they are using a D104 on an Anytone AT-5555N II. I was so excited to be able to use this mic again on my new radio. Hello, old friend.

I bought this 4-Pin Cobra mic to 8-Pin RJ45 Modular adapter to use my D104 on my Anytone AT-5555N II after changing mic setting from EL to DY.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1647367611...pid=5336136228&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Keying down the D104 is very effective at changing the channel and, well, that's all it does. One channel per keydown.

Did I get the wrong adapter or am I just mis-remembering/understanding what I read over this long thread?

This adapter does work when I use an Astatic D104-M6B on the Anytone, just not when I use the D104 desktop mic.
I ordered the blue one off the internet it was 21 bucks to the door I looked at my stock mic upright and all the wires were to the left the one they sent me all the wires were to the right won't do s***

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.