• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

There is the original 5555
The original 5555N
Both of those are two completely different radios from each other as indicated by the N.

Then now there is
The newest 5555+ to replace the original 5555

And the 5555N2 to replace the original 5555N
Again two completely different radios.

There's supposedly a 5555+n that's like the 5555+ but with NR circuit but I've yet to see one.

This thread is supposed to be about the newest 5555N2 but many have chimed in with other versions so it can get confusing to someone not knowing. Hopefully I could make some sense of it.
Next question does this radio have VFO capabilities so you can slide into extra channels like the Lincoln II+ can? I went to their web site and don't see it.

Next question does this radio have VFO capabilities so you can slide into extra channels like the Lincoln II+ can? I went to their web site and don't see it.
Yes it will, you can tune in anywhere you want to go.

It will outperform that lincoln in power and abilities. They truly are a superb rig.

I figured you would have jumped on the band wagon long ago.
I would have but bought too many radios already searching for the right one. SS and my small retirement makes me slow down. Can't afford to keep making mistakes because selling off the ones i have won't be easy in this cheapskate area especially in these economic times.

selling off the ones i have won't be easy
No no no ! Your supposed to keep all those radios !
You know, just in case you, uh, need one someday for something.......
Plus they just get more valuable by the day. I told my kids my vintage radio gear is my retirement plan :LOL:

Reactions: whiteastro
Radioddity has the QT60 which is the same exact radio except it has a warranty and programming cable.

No no no ! Your supposed to keep all those radios !
You know, just in case you, uh, need one someday for something.......
Plus they just get more valuable by the day. I told my kids my vintage radio gear is my retirement plan :LOL:
LOL I know what your saying but I have to clean out this Hugh house and get into something smaller I can afford to heat. But radio keeps me entertained and off the streets. I'm thinking 1 for my SUV and 1 for my camper.

Reactions: Keto
Radioddity has the QT60 which is the same exact radio except it has a warranty and programming cable.

That looks interesting but don't think it has the track record the q5 has. and for 40 more bucks I can get a Q5 new & gone over by Bob's CB s shop ( aligned & Tuned ) Bob knows me and I trust him. And I can pick it up so the gorillas don't get their hands on it. ( Bust them in the Chops ) LOL

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That looks interesting but don't think it has the track record the q5 has. and for 40 more bucks I can get a Q5 new & gone over by Bob's CB s shop ( aligned & Tuned ) Bob knows me and I trust him. And I can pick it up so the gorillas don't get their hands on it. ( Bust them in the Chops ) LOL
The qt60 is the same radio as the q5n2, literally the only difference is the name.

You'll be missing a ton of features with the top gun quad 5, it's the same radio as the original regular5555.
No Noise reduction circuit, less power just to start the list of what you won't have.

Reactions: whiteastro
Talk about timing; my new Anytone 5555Nii just arrived in the mail today.
Not sure I'll get around to setting it up tonight though...... Maybe tomorrow if I can find time.

And then I'll find out if it's as good as everybody says !

Reactions: jrd426 and Keto
Talk about timing; my new Anytone 5555Nii just arrived in the mail today.
Not sure I'll get around to setting it up tonight though...... Maybe tomorrow if I can find time.

And then I'll find out if it's as good as everybody says !
You have the quad 6 and like it, the q5n2 won't disappoint you. One of my q6 was the permanent base until this one dethroned it. You'll like it.
But the q6 is still an excellent radio

Reactions: Pez and BC Coyote
I am keeping the 6666 in my car. I am going to run the 5555n2 on my base while I make some repairs to the band switching relay board in my Kenwood TS140S.
If I like it well enough, I will keep it hooked up as an alternate radio.

I like the idea of having a radio going that is very capable in AM, FM, and SSB.
My Kenwood excels in SSB, performs OK on FM, and sucks balls on AM !

It is very likely I will end up turning down the output of the 5555n2 so I can drive my class A/B Palomar 200 with it.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.