• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

I am so close to getting one of these 5555N II's it's driving me crazy! I'm just waiting to hear about 955v2 type problems and so far so good!

JD
You're in the exact position that I'm in :ROFLMAO: isn't it something!

The 955v2 issues were kind of making me hold back but it's really looking like this 5555N II isn't plaqued the same way.

To me it's looking like what ranger is doing to Galaxy, connex and others they build for...... Qixiang said "wait a minute, we'll build the creme of the crop for ourselves and the others can have the crumbs".

Decisions decisions

Last edited:
Reactions: jdchet
You're in the exact positive I'm in :ROFLMAO: isn't it something!

The 955v2 issues were kind of making me hold back but it's really looking like this 5555N II isn't plaqued the same way.

To me it's looking like what ranger is doing to Galaxy, connex and others they build for...... Qixiang said "wait a minute, we'll build the creme of the crop for ourselves and the others can have the crumbs".

Decisions decisions
I'm going to hit the button soon!
http://AnyTone AT-5555N II 10 Meter...55N II with CTCSS/DCS) https://a.co/d/ievqCDC

JD

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
Got one coming this Sunday.

Hopefully, the channel rejection is better than the Stryker 447HPC2. The adjacent channel rejection was awful on it, and it's a selling point. Boy was I fooled.

You're in the exact positive I'm in :ROFLMAO: isn't it something!

Decisions decisions
I think you will be happy with one Eldorado828

Read post #6. According to the seller, you'll need the cable and it's done through software.

At least, That's what the seller said.

Can you share a photo of the innards?
looks like you guys just jumped to this forum without going back couple pages back. If you did you would see all the pictures of the finals from this new version of Anytone and how to mod the radio and how to get software for it etc. Have fun.

Got it hooked up today. Conversion was super easy. Did have to use tweezers to move the jumper from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3.

The receive noise reduction absolutely works. I finally settled on setting 3 because at setting 5 the voices did not sound natural. At setting 3 it still works good. It even knocks down annoying solar panel noise.

Does anybody know what noise reduction on transmit actually does? It's default off, so I did not change it.

Channel rejection is pretty dang good in my opinion compared to a Stryker 447HPC2 and a Lincoln V2. Redeye Crow lives about six miles away from me, and he was on the bowl pegging me at 60 db. He was not bothering me at all on my home channel 31.

Got it hooked up today. Conversion was super easy. Did have to use tweezers to move the jumper from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3.

The receive noise reduction absolutely works. I finally settled on setting 3 because at setting 5 the voices did not sound natural. At setting 3 it still works good. It even knocks down annoying solar panel noise.

Does anybody know what noise reduction on transmit actually does? It's default off, so I did not change it.

Channel rejection is pretty dang good in my opinion compared to a Stryker 447HPC2 and a Lincoln V2. Redeye Crow lives about six miles away from me, and he was on the bowl pegging me at 60 db. He was not bothering me at all on my home channel 31.
I set up tx on 2-3. I think it works same as RX but for microphone background noise cancelation. I am running my radio from the garage and my wife sometimes turns washer or dryer while I am taking. I asked people if they can here any background noise and they said no. My Microphone setting is at Max 36 I think. Definitely speak close to the microphone, it will give you better punch. Echo set up on both settings to 5/5. So far radio kicks ass. 73.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated