• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Yes I can do that, I was trying to figure out if there is a way to lower volume of the beep with in the ING menu.
There is no adjustment. The only way, is to probably locate the beep audio path input to the audio amp, and add some resistance. The SMT components are as small as they get, so this may, or may not be possible with what you have available. I would just turn the beep off. :) 73

I could have sworn that someone in the past 26 pages someone has said that they are using a D104 on an Anytone AT-5555N II. I was so excited to be able to use this mic again on my new radio. Hello, old friend.

I bought this 4-Pin Cobra mic to 8-Pin RJ45 Modular adapter to use my D104 on my Anytone AT-5555N II after changing mic setting from EL to DY.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1647367611...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Keying down the D104 is very effective at changing the channel and, well, that's all it does. One channel per keydown.

Did I get the wrong adapter or am I just mis-remembering/understanding what I read over this long thread?

This adapter does work when I use an Astatic D104-M6B on the Anytone, just not when I use the D104 desktop mic.

Last edited:
My D104 desk power mic works fine with my Q5N2. It may be a wiring issue.
The adapter came from Scott's Radio.
Thanks for the info. I feel better that not all hope is lost. Since the adapter works with the D104-M6B I am going to assume the problem is in the wiring in the D104 Silver Eagle. It was supposedly just professionally rebuilt with all new internals, etc.

But, this will have to wait until tomorrow. If I start mucking about with it now next thing I know it will be time to go to work tomorrow.

Reactions: Brother DXer
I could have sworn that someone in the past 26 pages someone has said that they are using a D104 on an Anytone AT-5555N II. I was so excited to be able to use this mic again on my new radio. Hello, old friend.

I bought this 4-Pin Cobra mic to 8-Pin RJ45 Modular adapter to use my D104 on my Anytone AT-5555N II after changing mic setting from EL to DY.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1647367611...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Keying down the D104 is very effective at changing the channel and, well, that's all it does. One channel per keydown.

Did I get the wrong adapter or am I just mis-remembering/understanding what I read over this long thread?

This adapter does work when I use an Astatic D104-M6B on the Anytone, just not when I use the D104 desktop mic.
Timmy,

Put the switch back in the "EL" position on the D-104. The Q5 uses Electronic switching not Relay. The channel is changing when you key because you are connecting PTT RX and PTT TX together (that should never happen with electronic switching) and it sounds like the channel up/down function is using radio supplied voltage on the PTT TX line (I don't have a Q5N II stock mic to open up and look at). If that is the case, then it is sad.

Because, the RJ45 connector has 8 connections on it. Which would allow them to use a 8 wire mic cable (ham radios have been doing this for years) and have plenty of spare wires to use for the channel up/down function and could move that off the PTT TX line. Where it currently has the potential to cause problems (like the one you are having).

Reactions: TimmyTheTorch
I could not help myself... I had to at least take a quick look at what was going on under the tape and plug end. It looked like how I solder small connections with my aging eyes... and that's not a compliment.
View attachment 62058View attachment 62059View attachment 62060View attachment 62061
Good lord man......... That has got to be the absolute nastiest solder mess and should hold the Guinness world record! That's worst than Bell's talkback solder blob!

ResizedP_c692083e-6afa-40e5-b674-bde3f5d15d68_48868256527656.gif

Reactions: TimmyTheTorch
Timmy,

Put the switch back in the "EL" position on the D-104. The Q5 uses Electronic switching not Relay. The channel is changing when you key because you are connecting PTT RX and PTT TX together (that should never happen with electronic switching) and it sounds like the channel up/down function is using radio supplied voltage on the PTT TX line (I don't have a Q5N II stock mic to open up and look at). If that is the case, then it is sad.

Because, the RJ45 connector has 8 connections on it. Which would allow them to use a 8 wire mic cable (ham radios have been doing this for years) and have plenty of spare wires to use for the channel up/down function and could move that off the PTT TX line. Where it currently has the potential to cause problems (like the one you are having).
Thanks for the information. I have a new mic plug on order so as soon as I have it hooked up I will give this a try again. Right now I am afraid the plug the D104 in again lest it burn the house down. I suppose that would at least melt off some of the solder mess.

After messaging with the Ebay vendor, the 4 pin to RJ45 adapter I got is not compatible with the Astatic D104 or D104-M6B and Anytone RJ45 plug.

I am returning this adapter and will be getting a different one.

But since the wires for pins 1 and 3 are actually touching, I don't think this D104 will work with any radio at the moment, including the Anytone.

So until I get the replacement adapter, the stock mic has been reconnected and I am enjoying the Q5N2 again. It really is a nice rig!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.