• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Just ordered the Radioddity branded version of this radio, they were having a sale on their site, figured why not. :D Got an email saying it's out of stock, and expecting a shipment in 2 weeks. Guess I'll wait.

O-Boy it came to day and it even works ,and if you had seen how it was packed you,d know why I said that . Just AMAZING . Any way it,s to late to do the mod to day for me and it did not come with the programming cable that will have to come later to .Hopefully I will see how it works with TX and Rec tomorrow , today I,m cooking dinner . See Ya
Do not need cable to program for CB band open up case find white wire ,cut it or take one end loose and move jumper right by it from 1-2 to 2-3 pins and that is Mod. I have 2 of them that works great

OK men I had some time so I took the back off the radio here,s what I see . The board is completely different the 5555N is what you and I see for the mod OP1. The board for the 5555N2 is way different and I can not find OP1 anywhere . I say wait for the NEW MOD for the N2 come,s out I know that,s what I,m going to do .
look for short white wire ,cut it and move jumper right by it from pin 1-2 to pin 2-3
and it is mod complete

Has anyone ran into the issue of not being able to hear anything on am/fm but usb and lsb still work perfect? Radio was working fine came out to the shack flipped it on and nothing. Flip it over to usb/lsb and both I can receive and transmit on with no issue. I went threw and checked all the frequencies and everything seems to be spot on. I haven't been into the hidden menu at all. Already tried the reset on the normal menu and it didn't change a thing. Any ideas?

Auto squelch set to 1 and using the knob squelch turned all the way down. No difference either way
all the way down is auto. try turning the squelch to the right till the screen changes in the model display area.

also, auto squelch for me blanks out strong signals on AM, and is only useful for scanning, not listening. haven't found any FM traffic to try yet.

i HOPE they will change the location of the auto squelch to all the way up. having it at the bottom is dumb IMO. if i want it open, i have to fiddle with it. :mad:

all the way down is auto. try turning the squelch to the right till the screen changes in the model display area.

also, auto squelch for me blanks out strong signals on AM, and is only useful for scanning, not listening. haven't found any FM traffic to try yet.

i HOPE they will change the location of the auto squelch to all the way up. having it at the bottom is dumb IMO. if i want it open, i have to fiddle with it. :mad:
I just meant how I had the auto squelch set up in the settings menu. I have the actual squelch turned down until its one notch above the auto squelch coming on.

Reactions: Back_Crick_Hobbies
I emailed the Amazon seller about the 11 meter mod for this new radio and got a reply this evening. They're telling me they can guide me to the mod but will need the programming cable..... Hmmmm. So this one may not have the wire on the board to snip like the strykers.
Look up Anytone $200 11 meter on Y o u yube

I don’t understand all the fuss the stock mic works great!! On mine that is….
It doesn't feel BOSS enough for the old school users. It also has a really small condenser mic on it and it just seems like to a buff, that the Astatic or Ranger with it's fancy screen and big mic will hear more mouth. I know nothing and just got my first 5555n2 and hope to learn more about all of this. Side band and all those other things I'm afraid to tinker too much with, but stare at with curiosity. Thanks for all of you sharing. Been a poor kid most of my life with a brain of a father who wasted it. The road makes me think too much and I can't wait to stop and learn something new

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.