1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Anytone AT-6666 Replacement Electret Microphone

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Capt Crunch, May 17, 2019 at 11:44 PM.

1. Capt Crunch

Capt Crunch Active Member

Looking for a link to a replacement cb electret microphone that is wired for the 6666 already that is not the original type mic, if available. I hate the way it is made. I have read some mics like the new President ones dnc518/ dnc520 fit but when I look at the wiring it doesn't seem to match. Just want to know of one if any that I can just buy without rewiring, link appreciated. Does not matter if channel U/D works. Thank you.

#1 Capt Crunch, May 17, 2019 at 11:44 PM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 2:03 AM
    Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Sr. Member

DNC520 plugs right in and sounds better than the stock mic.
    It's wired differently so you lose channel functions but it will work great otherwise.
    It's a steal at $26.00
    https://www.wearecb.com/dnc520-president.html

#2 rabbiporkchop, May 18, 2019 at 7:53 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 8:27 AM
  3. 530

530 Member

Would a Uniden BC646 6-Pin Microphone fit?

4. S&W357

S&W357 Old Codger Supporting Member

Other than the AT-6666 mic feeling light and wimpy whats wrong with it? Just curious.

There is a thread somewhere here on WWDXforum about replacement mics for the 6666. If my memory is correct, folks ended up preferring the stock mic over all others tried.

I've been told twice while talking on my AT-6666 not to talk directly into the front of the mic. Holding mic perpendicular to mouth and talking into the side of it (voice going by the front instead of into it) gives the best audio on the these radios. Does it? Dunno. :barefoot:

One guy demonstrated that to me by talking on his AT-6666. Sounded better. Was he really on an AT-6666? Nobody knows. :confused:

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Sr. Member

The element is fine. The plastic housing distorts the audio. The element sounds great when installed in a different case.

6. 530

530 Member

It makes a funny pfff sound when i talk and friends have noticed it " muffly" sounding at times. Its weird they have the regular area to talk but the mic hole is below that. If i talk sideways in front if mic hole i get the sound like im blowing a burst of wind into it. If i talk in the regular part above the mic im told its clear but deep and lower. I watched a video and saw a couple posts Mark from fine tune talking about it. I actually had an anytone quad 6 before that I had to sell but there was somebody mentioning about it and opening the hole in the microphone spot more and I tried it on the other radio and that didn't help that actually made it worse, for anyone else reading that post. So looking for a different one since it seems to be an issue, at least to me it is.

#6 530, May 18, 2019 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 5:13 PM
    rabbiporkchop likes this.
  7. Capt Crunch

Thank you rabbi.

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Sr. Member

You're welcome.
    That's exactly it. Hard to describe.

Capt Crunch and 530 like this.
  9. S&W357

S&W357 Old Codger Supporting Member

That's what folks describe it to me as...a pfff sound when talking. Turn mic sideway they say it goes away. o_O

I might have to try one of the DNC520 mics. If the "channel function loss" Rabbi mentions is just the channel up/down option on the mic then not a big deal.

rabbiporkchop, Capt Crunch and 530 like this.
  10. Capt Crunch

Yeah been there done that. It cuts it down a little. It doesn't happen alot persay but I don't want to have to be bothered with it if there is a better option. I also don't mind losing the channel buttons as i don't really use them and i have changed channels when i didn't want to lol. To me it's a strange design and maybe its just the way some people pronounce things, may be the reason some do and some don't. I notice the sound more myself as well as others hear it when talking by the "mic"(sideways) and sometimes the same sound and lower "muffly" voice reported when talking in the vented part above the mic(sideways). I have heard a couple others with this radio and have heard it, but in between when it's not happening even with mine, talking and p's and s's are crystal clear. I got rid of my first 6666 because of it and that was a while ago and I couldn't find this info before on a replacement mic, thats how bad it bothered me as little as it was lol.

#10 Capt Crunch, May 19, 2019 at 8:44 PM
    Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    S&W357 likes this.