• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 Replacement Electret Microphone

Capt Crunch

Captain Crunch NJ Mobile
Nov 3, 2015
New Jersey
www.iamawesome.com
Looking for a link to a replacement cb electret microphone that is wired for the 6666 already that is not the original type mic, if available. I hate the way it is made. I have read some mics like the new President ones dnc518/ dnc520 fit but when I look at the wiring it doesn't seem to match. Just want to know of one if any that I can just buy without rewiring, link appreciated. Does not matter if channel U/D works. Thank you.

Last edited:

Other than the AT-6666 mic feeling light and wimpy whats wrong with it? Just curious.

There is a thread somewhere here on WWDXforum about replacement mics for the 6666. If my memory is correct, folks ended up preferring the stock mic over all others tried.

I've been told twice while talking on my AT-6666 not to talk directly into the front of the mic. Holding mic perpendicular to mouth and talking into the side of it (voice going by the front instead of into it) gives the best audio on the these radios. Does it? Dunno. :barefoot:

One guy demonstrated that to me by talking on his AT-6666. Sounded better. Was he really on an AT-6666? Nobody knows. :confused:

Other than the AT-6666 mic feeling light and wimpy whats wrong with it? Just curious.

There is a thread somewhere here on WWDXforum about replacement mics for the 6666. If my memory is correct, folks ended up preferring the stock mic over all others tried.

I've been told twice while talking on my AT-6666 not to talk directly into the front of the mic. Holding mic perpendicular to mouth and talking into the side of it (voice going by the front instead of into it) gives the best audio on the these radios. Does it? Dunno. :barefoot:

One guy demonstrated that to me by talking on his AT-6666. Sounded better. Was he really on an AT-6666? Nobody knows. :confused:
It makes a funny pfff sound when i talk and friends have noticed it " muffly" sounding at times. Its weird they have the regular area to talk but the mic hole is below that. If i talk sideways in front if mic hole i get the sound like im blowing a burst of wind into it. If i talk in the regular part above the mic im told its clear but deep and lower. I watched a video and saw a couple posts Mark from fine tune talking about it. I actually had an anytone quad 6 before that I had to sell but there was somebody mentioning about it and opening the hole in the microphone spot more and I tried it on the other radio and that didn't help that actually made it worse, for anyone else reading that post. So looking for a different one since it seems to be an issue, at least to me it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
That's what folks describe it to me as...a pfff sound when talking. Turn mic sideway they say it goes away. o_O

I might have to try one of the DNC520 mics. If the "channel function loss" Rabbi mentions is just the channel up/down option on the mic then not a big deal.

Yeah been there done that. It cuts it down a little. It doesn't happen alot persay but I don't want to have to be bothered with it if there is a better option. I also don't mind losing the channel buttons as i don't really use them and i have changed channels when i didn't want to lol. To me it's a strange design and maybe its just the way some people pronounce things, may be the reason some do and some don't. I notice the sound more myself as well as others hear it when talking by the "mic"(sideways) and sometimes the same sound and lower "muffly" voice reported when talking in the vented part above the mic(sideways). I have heard a couple others with this radio and have heard it, but in between when it's not happening even with mine, talking and p's and s's are crystal clear. I got rid of my first 6666 because of it and that was a while ago and I couldn't find this info before on a replacement mic, thats how bad it bothered me as little as it was lol.

Last edited:
I can not find the wiring for this. I am sure it was right in front of me but not a tech at all here. Would a Uniden BMKG0676001 6-Pin mic fit? Friend of mine has one but he is not sure either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 530
Ok so update for any coming across this. Got the 520 and problem solved. Sounds great. There's a base station I know who can record from his radio and the 6666 mic sounds just as great as the 520 when the 6666 isn't doing it's thing every once in awhile. The only big difference is what the 6666 does which from what I believe is just possibly the way some pronounce things which makes it is more frequent, or not. The design of the mics inside housing is definitely different. It does sound crystal clear, I will give it that, but I have to talk "softer" and giving a whistle sideways I can still hear the blowing muffly pffff (lol) sounds once in awhile on the 6666 and not the 520. One other note; The Up button on my 520 is working, as I have read they wouldn't.
Thanks for the info everyone, and I hope this helps others down the road.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated