• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 Replacement Electret Microphone

I just figured if it worked you could then put something inside the mic maybe to put over the mic or a small wind cover of foam on the outside.... and I see now you got that other mic...… LOL
Yeah its a weird way they made it. Good idea but I'm not even sure that would work. I did try a tip on my first 6666 was making the mic hole bigger, not recommended upon my experience as it just made it worse for me. Don't get me wrong like I said sounds excellent when it's not making those funny noises and like I said I don't know if it happens to everybody. I still think it's just a weird way they made it and just some way people pronounce their words as I have read some have no issue.

Reactions: 530
Has anyone else tried one of these President DNC520 mics with their Anytone AT-6666 radio? I'm still thinking about buying one of the mics but am procrastinating as usual.
I bought one and it works fine except on mine the up channel button works and the down does not. Good sounding mic. I have just recently tried supergluing a thick fat microphone windscreen that I cut into a square, and the sound difference is like night and day. Sounds really good and no backround noise that was heard before. Note- I did try this to the 6666 stock mic and it still had this weird tone to it. The 520 sounds like a studio mic now. Try it without gluing first, see how you like it. I had a friends close base station recording me, really big difference. I would suggest make sure its that thick foam windscreen type. You may have to turn the audio up a litlle after. The one I used was a large size windsreen and I did the two mics with probably another two left for when these wear out. Might be better using a very sticky tape as well but i just used 4 tiny drops of gel around the corners. Good luck. P.S. If money is not a problem get a Palomar SL41 available in the uk right now(last time searched) for about $100 plus the connector(4to6), excellent noise canceling power mic. The 520 you can probably get for around $30.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the update and the info. I just now ordered a DNC520 mic from CQ Radio Supply. $33.95 shipping included.

At the worst I'll just end up with yet another mic to toss in the box. (y)
Love the quote, I say I can do anything a 20 year old can it just might take me a little longer LOL!
It sounds great as is. I just like to play with stuff and read a post where a guy tried it worked and also I figured if studios use them in a studio why not in a vehicle. I did have to turn the audio up a bit but it lost all the background noise heard normally. Also I will be getting an SL41, great mic and may not be available anymore and lost two 575s back in the day because i got out of radio a bit and thought i could buy again and look at their prices now if you can find one. Good luck!

Attachments

• 0717191107.jpg
    0717191107.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 17
Does the DNC520 mic add a little depth to voice voice, the AT6666 stock mic in most videos sound mono tone.

Anyone want to do a short comparison video between stock and the DNC520?

I saw a video on the KPO NM-532 powered mic and the factory and the KPO had depth and sounded more natural.

My 6666 is due in shortly hence the questions..

Reactions: 530 and Capt Crunch
DNC-520 mic arrived yesterday. I did try it late last night but nobody on the radio to talk to. :confused:

I ended up talking to myself. I put a 300 watt dummy load on the Anytone and tried the factory AT and DNC-520 mics. I was using a Grant XL as a bench radio to monitor.

DNC-520 does sound better but I still get an occasional pffff sound but much less so than on the stock AT mic. I held a piece of paper towel on front of the 520 mic and the occasional pfff went away and everything sounded great.

Paper towel on factory AT mic and pfff still there. I'll try some foam, etc, and see how that does.

As others have said the channel up/down buttons on 520 mic doesn't work on the Anytone. The "down" button makes the channels go Up. The "up" button does nothing. Not an issue.

The 520 mic is a little more hefty and solid feeling than the wimpy AT stock mic...but not by much.

DNC-520 mic arrived yesterday. I did try it late last night but nobody on the radio to talk to. :confused:

I ended up talking to myself. I put a 300 watt dummy load on the Anytone and tried the factory AT and DNC-520 mics. I was using a Grant XL as a bench radio to monitor.

DNC-520 does sound better but I still get an occasional pffff sound but much less so than on the stock AT mic. I held a piece of paper towel on front of the 520 mic and the occasional pfff went away and everything sounded great.

Paper towel on factory AT mic and pfff still there. I'll try some foam, etc, and see how that does.

As others have said the channel up/down buttons on 520 mic doesn't work on the Anytone. The "down" button makes the channels go Up. The "up" button does nothing. Not an issue.

The 520 mic is a little more hefty and solid feeling than the wimpy AT stock mic...but not by much.

My 6666 is in. I have a Cobra 4 pin to try and a DM452 power mic to try with a 4-6 pin adapter later today. I'm going to use the monitor/talkback feature and compare them first and if need be grab the KPO 532 for like $40 shipped from the UK

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated