• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 Replacement Electret Microphone

I really believe its the way some people pronounce words with the 6666 stock mic and possibly the way it is made. I myself cut and stuck a large thick foam mic windscreen to the front of both mics but the 6666 still had this weird muffly sound to it. Its also weird how they built it inside as it looks like the mic element is actually below the rounded section inside where you would normally talk into where the element usually is in other mics. The DNC520 now sounds great like a studio mic almost and no background noise that was there before the foam. The DNC520 was also louder than the stock on my talkback when hooked up first without the foam.

try putting a sock over it LOL not to thick not to thin. :)

I’m back to a guessing game. People are now telling me the 6666 mic sounds best. :confused:

I tried FL Native’s suggestion even though I think he was joking. Yep you got it. Put both mics in separate socks and tried them.

Stock mic wearing a sock gets best reports of both now. o_O

I'm not really sure what works best. I've had the stock/sock mic on for days now and folks like the sound of it best. Louder and clearer SSB and AM. Or so they say and no pfff with the dumb @$$ looking sock in place. :rolleyes:

Running the 6666 in a truck I don't know which would be best as my Anytone is part of my Base setup and I'm very satisfied with the radio and either mic. I just consider one or the other as a spare mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?