• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT 6666

Rabbid Possum

Jul 26, 2021
Tennessee
Just purchased an Anytone AT 6666, and it will be arriving tomorrow. Will be installing it in my truck. Radio will be wired directly to battery. Anyone have any suggestions for some future mods? Also anyone have any tips or tricks for this radio?

Currently running a Wilson 5000 mag mount antenna. Will be switching antennas to a Tram TGFC-9 that I will be mounting to my tool box. Will be running ground wires from the mount of the antenna to my frame to ground out antenna.

I currently am running a President Bill, hooked to the Wilson 5000 and was able to make a contact in Baltimore, Maryland and Butler, Indiana this past weekend, and I have been hooked ever since.

I really am looking forward to installing a radio that will sling some more power to get out and make contacts.

Any input is greatly appreciated! I am new to the cb hobby and willing to learn as much as possible

www.k0bg.com

Link to the bible of mobile install. Every paragraph without too many exceptions applies to 11-Meter.

Tools
Supply
Test

Result of use is in safe, reliable operation over the long-term. There’s an “average” decent installation, and there’s a tested high-performance installation.

A permanent antenna mount is a vehicle upgrade needed. My idea is that great performance on Sideband is a radio rig requirement. (Toolbox isn’t best location, at all).

See also thread on West Mountain Radio CLEARSPEECH DSP Speaker. IMO, no CB is complete without DSP. Leaves too much performance on the table otherwise.

Other threads on mobile antennas & installations should accompany your reading of Applegates radio pages.

And, welcome to WWDX!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crawdad and S&W357
I'd leave the AT-6666 as it is. I've got two of them. One I use on both 10 & 11 meters. The other sets in the box as a spare in case needed for whatever.

Factory hand mic (with sock) works great for me. Ask Slomover :whistle:

View attachment 46042
If it works it works!

Match the lcd color to the sock could be an anytone selling point

I'd leave the AT-6666 as it is. I've got two of them. One I use on both 10 & 11 meters. The other sets in the box as a spare in case needed for whatever.

Factory hand mic (with sock) works great for me. Ask Slomover :whistle:

View attachment 46042
I don't want to be a hind end, especially since I make really ugly antennas that work, but that sock on the mic is very very yewgly.

I plan on getting the CRT SS9900 which I'm led to believe is the same as the AT6666.

There are plenty of reports of them getting very hot, so I intend to fit a couple of small fans on the heatsink somehow.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.