• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone quad 6

my2995dx

Apr 2, 2005
lancaster pa
Had this anytone quad 6 radio sent out twice still seems to get really really warm.I don't like that would like to get the 13n10 taken out and upgraded.Anyone know of a good shop to do this.

They run warm, the duty cycle is low on these radios, states right on the radio, 10% TX / 90% RX
Rather that swap output devices just mount a small fan on the heatsink and call it good.

Jeff
20210409_162354.jpg

Had this anytone quad 6 radio sent out twice still seems to get really really warm.I don't like that would like to get the 13n10 taken out and upgraded.Anyone know of a good shop to do this.

Is this a recently purchased radio? How do you know it has 13n10's?

I just bought one about a month ago, and mine runs hot too especially if it is run wide open. It's doing 78 watts true peak tuned from the factory on AM. Does 62 watts on sideband. Been running mine about 40 to 45 watts, and it stays a good bit cooler.

The heatsink design is the same that's on a Stryker 447HPC2, but that radio has 1 driving 2 mosfets while the Quad 6 is 1 driving 1 driving 2. It gets hot too running wide open.

I just bought one about a month ago, and mine runs hot too especially if it is run wide open. It's doing 78 watts true peak tuned from the factory on AM. Does 62 watts on sideband. Been running mine about 40 to 45 watts, and it stays a good bit cooler.

The heatsink design is the same that's on a Stryker 447HPC2, but that radio has 1 driving 2 mosfets while the Quad 6 is 1 driving 1 driving 2. It gets hot too running wide open.
I was told that when the guy from the shop called me

Well mine never did that from factory it done 30w but after it was tuned it's like anywhere from 35-45 now but had trouble with it from day one not working right and at this point not sure if I want to send it out or just buy a 955

My AT-6666 has been running 2 years with no heat problems at all and the covers have never been removed. (So I have no idea what MOSFETS it is equipped with) But it never peaks more than 20 watts.

David

Reactions: AudioShockwav
My AT-6666 has been running 2 years with no heat problems at all and the covers have never been removed. (So I have no idea what MOSFETS it is equipped with) But it never peaks more than 20 watts.

David
Two years + on my 9900 I actually turned it down a bit to run into a amp.
The builder knows, hence the duty cycle on the label.
If you run them at lower power that gets better.
I have a lot of fun with it.

Jeff

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated