• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Arizona HOA antenna compromise

My HOA does not have antenna restrictions. Yet I know if I erected a tower it might attract undue attention from whoever found it offensive. Neighbor and wife come to mine hear. Anyway I now have 80/40/20/17/15/10 meter antennas on my small lot. You see the town I live in is nicknamed the city of trees. When you develop your property a city requirement is you need to put two trees on your lot. I have put in 5 trees and some junipers. Inside the junipers a Hustler 5btv antenna resides. In one tree hangs a 80m inverted V. No tower. It hangs in the tree. In another tree is a 40/20/17 meter antenna array. Three vertical elements with elevated radials. Kind of like fan dipole idea but for verticals. We have had friends over and NO ONE commented on the antennas. Well not until I showed a couple of guests where they were.

I am fortunate to have the trees. The 80m may not be a perfect height above ground but I don't really care. I have it and I use it. Today I am thinking I will erect a 30 meter next to the 5btv antenna and have it sharing the ground radial system I put in for the 5btv. I prefer not to worry about matching coils or such. I love the idea of resonating antennas.

So my wife is happy and my neighbor who once complained of my 11 meter moxon is happy. Although I did warn my wife that a 6 meter moxon would be erected during the season that band was open and then removed when it was over. She consented to that. The neighbors who ask. Well I do need a OTA antenna and they are permitted.
They don't need to know the difference.

I'm in a top story apartment, the patio railing goes out about 5 ft away from the roof. I looked at my lease and went in for the kill, put a pushup pole on the corner post and thru my antron99 up, about a week later people were complaining. All I had to do was get insurance on the pole and antenna and that was that..

"towers of any type remain prohibited"
"may only erect two outdoor antennas"
So apparently my definition of a "big win" is not the same as there's..
HOAs suck

Well I don't feel bad for folks who live in an HOA because they signed an agreement to follow their Rules & should live by them. I would not live in any home in an HOA even if it were the most expensive home ever built & they were giving me the home if I can't do as I please. I am just fine where I am with my 9 antennas & two more going up very soon.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated