• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL is Loosing my Membership/If passed!

Dude ham radio isn't life. I have other interests that i enjoy where i don't have to put up with the babies and whininess that comes with hams and the ham hobby. My RC nitro hobby is awesome and there is no drama or babies like ham radio. I fire up my stuff and let er rip!!! Another hobby i enjoy is my train hobby. I also love a decent ride on my ol bike out in the country with an open road and nice weather and my hottie riding on the back with me!!!! Sure there are some grumps in all mentioned but its mostly everyone enjoys the hobbys with no infighting..........

Dude ham radio isn't life. I have other interests that i enjoy where i don't have to put up with the babies and whininess that comes with hams and the ham hobby. My RC nitro hobby is awesome and there is no drama or babies like ham radio. I fire up my stuff and let er rip!!! Another hobby i enjoy is my train hobby. I also love a decent ride on my ol bike out in the country with an open road and nice weather and my hottie riding on the back with me!!!! Sure there are some grumps in all mentioned but its mostly everyone enjoys the hobbys with no infighting..........

So if you don't give a shit about amateur radio why are you so bent on commenting about it? On second thought don't answer that and just give yourself another pat on the back. Lets leave this thread for it's original purpose. Like I said it's time to put it back on the rails.

Reactions: Road Squawker
I used to like ham radio until i met all the whiney, butt hurt, old men that do nothing but complain about us new/newer hams, bla bla bla. Lol. Ill just stop right there.....

Reactions: undertaker
Decided to read this entire thread before commenting. I admit that the perspectives offered by those who took the time to articulate their views/feelings leave me with a bowl of goulash inside. Intellectually, each point taken has some merit, it seems.
I first used CB in the 70's. Was on and off until 1990, and settled in very actively since with a null couple of years from 2002-2004 (I lost a wife and lost some focus).
Those who've come to know me here, on other forums, and in person know my interest in antennas homebrewed, and what it takes to make them interesting and effective. Despite my love of antennae I do not model. More of a twist, tie, or screw things together sort of guy. Yet, it is beginning to be more clear that I may have to find some time, yes, time can be a legitimate issue in some folks lives, to start learning.
I have been a general licenced ham for 1 year, now. I did not have to learn code to become one. Had it still been a requirement I likely would still be an 11 meters operator only. I tested for Tech and General at the same setting and passed them both. I flew through tech, and eeked by the general. I studied the tech for a long time off and on, but practiced the general questions for 2 weeks. I decided to try the general when I realized I would have such limited privileges without it. If, as a tech, my only exposure to HF were cw, I was just going to be listening... I failed to learn how to type, and 10 key was a wash out, too, so CW was very intimidating. However, I find myself interested more and more in QRP, and CW seems the most actively employed mode for QRP. I don't build radios so I just may have to get ready for the very limited kits or radios offered at retail if my interest grows.
Everything is pretty simple at its fundamental level.
How do I feel about it? Anything worth doing is worth its cost. Rewriting some of the rules permitted me to participate when I could not have, yet, I still had the little loops I've jumped through to get my opportunity. I'm willing to re-engage and learn more to enjoy more.
Do I want things to change more?
Why? I ask, when I can have what I want if I truly want it as it is.
How hungry is the donkey? how heavy is the cart? how long is the stick? how big is the carrot?
Personally, leave it be.

Technician License doesn't give much of a taste of Ham radio.
Phone currently limited to 10 meters and 10 meters is dead right now.
Maybe letting them make contacts on 40 meters will spark some interest in upgrading??
This is all about having fun and learning things

KJ6TSX

Your right! but only 10 meters on HF bands
Did you notice they didn't include my favorite band 20 meters
If it was up to me I would limit techs to 100 watts or less, that would give incentive to upgrade.

If it was up to me I would limit techs to 100 watts or less, that would give incentive to upgrade.

Nope. 100 watts is VERY common on the bands and that would just encourage them to run whatever power they wanted to, be it 100 watts or 1000 watts and just not mention it. Who is to know any difference? Frequency allocations is what encourages upgrades as it is easy to look up a license class of an operator and determine he was running illegally outside his band limits.

.... they didn't include... 20 meters....

Perhaps you may have a point there and Techs should be given privileges on 14.313 and 7.200 ONLY..................................... If that won't encourage them to upgrade so they can spin the VFO, then nothing will.

Still off topic and bending the rails a little.
I usually try DX with 100 watts and the yagi. Did not need to turn amp on much.
Now I am using 75 meter doublet ladderline fed and the amp does help.
I still try with 100 watts first but usually the amp helps through the pile up.

On 75 I almost always use the amp, for arm chair copy rag chewing on the receive end.
Lately I been using the FT 102 and its 180 to 200 watt output has been cutting through the muck on the lower bands.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated