• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL is Loosing my Membership/If passed!

God forbid anyone in this day and age should have to do a little something they don't like in order to actually earn something that they want. :rolleyes: I HATED television theory and had zero intentions of EVER working on them when I took my electronics courses but I had to put up with it and pass it if I wanted to pass the courses. A little inconvenience versus the rewards reaped is a thing of the past I guess.
You know what, i had to pass the code to get my General so dont tell me im lazy or dont work for anything...... i just cant stand the damn thing, dit dah, beep beep noise. Give me my ssb or digital modes anyday...

You know what, i had to pass the code to get my General so dont tell me im lazy or dont work for anything...... i just cant stand the damn thing, dit dah, beep beep noise. Give me my ssb or digital modes anyday...

I never said YOU were lazy. What I did say was that today's generation wants something for nothing and they want it NOW. Not sometime down the road but NOW. It's called instant gratification. I personally do not care for CW either but I had to learn it in order to obtain the HF license I wanted. Life is full of little inconveniences. Actually earning something makes one appreciate it even more. Isn't that what we teach our kids?

These young kids today have NO interest in radio let alone ham radio which is mostly made up of old white men. Just like HD motorcycles. Neither ham radio or HD does anything anymore that attracts these hip, young kids that love the latest tech. So we are kinda stuck as we are. And yes these kids today want things right now and dont want to work for nothing . Its just a sad reality we have to deal with....

God forbid anyone in this day and age should have to do a little something they don't like in order to actually earn something that they want. :rolleyes: I HATED television theory and had zero intentions of EVER working on them when I took my electronics courses but I had to put up with it and pass it if I wanted to pass the courses. A little inconvenience versus the rewards reaped is a thing of the past I guess.

Also the whole CW restriction thats like restricting access to computers unless you learn how to punch cards, sort cards and then stack them on the punch card reader in order to have internet access.

Reactions: Staybolt
Also the whole CW restriction thats like restricting access to computers unless you learn how to punch cards, sort cards and then stack them on the punch card reader in order to have internet access.

It's only a restriction if you want it to be. If you study and upgrade it is no longer a restriction. You are the master of your own successes or failures. Good Lord when I was first licensed here in Canada we had segments of all the HF bands but CW ONLY and after producing a logbook showing a minimum of 100 contacts (IIRC) over a minimum six month period we got phone privileges on 10m ONLY. How's that for restrictions? Today is a far simpler test and far more generous in what you get for what you put into it.

Or having to know how to drive stick to get your drivers license. Lol

It's only a restriction if you want it to be. If you study and upgrade it is no longer a restriction. You are the master of your own successes or failures. Good Lord when I was first licensed here in Canada we had segments of all the HF bands but CW ONLY and after producing a logbook showing a minimum of 100 contacts (IIRC) over a minimum six month period we got phone privileges on 10m ONLY. How's that for restrictions? Today is a far simpler test and far more generous in what you get for what you put into it.
Wow what a load of crap that was. I would have told them to stuff it and stay my ass on cb!!!

Some people do not have any electronic background and they have to learn MORE that some one with a EE to pass the tests.

Its real simple, If someone doesn't want to/can't pass a simple test,

( I say simple because all the questions and answers are known beforehand).

then they just DON'T get any additional (free) band privileges.

Simple,................even a caveman can do it.

Some people do not have any electronic background and they have to learn MORE that some one with a EE to pass the tests.

Its real simple, If someone doesn't want to/can't pass a simple test,

( I say simple because all the questions and answers are known beforehand).

then they just DON'T get any additional (free) band privileges.

Simple,................even a caveman can do it.
I sure dont have as much technical knowledge as most hams because i didn't get into electronics until later plus i have a VERY hard time with math. I had an old ham tell me i shouldn't even bother becoming a ham due to my learning disabilities. My reply was "it dont take an EE degree to key up a f$$$ing radio!!"

Wow what a load of crap that was. I would have told them to stuff it and stay my ass on cb!!!

Well your attitude speaks volumes about your character. I have no idea how old you are but you seem like a millennial to tell the truth. My generation was raised to believe that anything you truly wanted was worth working for and we were not afraid of working for it. I have had several goals in life and was never afraid to work to achieve them despite what others may have felt was a needless effort to achieve something that meant nothing to them. To each his own. Those that truly want something will strive to achieve it while other sit and pout about being left behind.

I sure dont have as much technical knowledge as most hams because i didn't get into electronics until later plus i have a VERY hard time with math. I had an old ham tell me i shouldn't even bother becoming a ham due to my learning disabilities. My reply was "it dont take an EE degree to key up a f$$$ing radio!!"

You are right. I know several hams under the age of 14 that passed their tests and the tests here in Canada were MUCH harder than the entry level tests in the USA. Again.....if you want it you will work for it. Some may have to work a little harder but that applies to everything in life.

Well your attitude speaks volumes about your character. I have no idea how old you are but you seem like a millennial to tell the truth. My generation was raised to believe that anything you truly wanted was worth working for and we were not afraid of working for it. I have had several goals in life and was never afraid to work to achieve them despite what others may have felt was a needless effort to achieve something that meant nothing to them. To each his own. Those that truly want something will strive to achieve it while other sit and pout about being left behind.
Lol ive always been that way, there guy. I have people who love me to death because i have a no nonsense attitude and i have people that hate me to death. Im not for everyone. Im NOT a millennial at all, lol. Im 44 years old so you are wrong sir!!!!

You are right. I know several hams under the age of 14 that passed their tests and the tests here in Canada were MUCH harder than the entry level tests in the USA. Again.....if you want it you will work for it. Some may have to work a little harder but that applies to everything in life.
Ive been a ham almost 15 years im just not active and my license expires in June .

Oh and btw sir i have a JOB and what i want i have worked for so your argument is invalid!!!! Please stop making snap judgements on someone you dont know... people who do know me personally have nothing but praise for how i am and what ive done. I have helped in my community and i give to charity and at one time served on the town board. Sure there are people who cant stand me because of my open no nonsense attitude but screw them!

Oh and btw sir i have a JOB and what i want i have worked for so your argument is invalid!!!! Please stop making snap judgements on someone you dont know... people who do know me personally have nothing but praise for how i am and what ive done. I have helped in my community and i give to charity and at one time served on the town board. Sure there are people who cant stand me because of my open no nonsense attitude but screw them!

You seem to like applying something someone says to all aspects rather than the context in which it was said. Just because someone has a job and works does not mean they are willing to work to achieve something else in life. Not all things can be bought with wages earned. Lots of hard working people can't be bothered to put a little effort into obtaining something they want and feel it should be handed to them. Case in point the very subject of this thread. Speaking of this thread........this has moved far from it's original intent and I think it is time to put it back on the rails.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated