• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic D-104 lollipop mic questions

Ok, now that I have figured out the multi-quote feature...

CB , As been said on here before , not all mic's sound " Great " on all radios . Sometimes the cheapest mic might work for you ? I use an Astatic 636 on my old Cobra 140 GTL mobile , it works but doesn't sound as good as my old Turner + 2 ? I had the conversion done to my Astatic Silver Eagle , it took all the " Tinnynest " out & have gotten nothing but compliments on my audio since , just had it done 2 weeks ago .:)

I've been eyeballing conversions and upgrades lately, just curious one what one you did.

CB, I'm using a D104/MC320 with the "poor mans EQ" circuit and I'm quite pleased with it. It does take a 9 volt battery.

Same here, what upgrade did you use?

I'm asking because I've seen everything from a cap/resistor style replacement, to a full FET based component replacement, to a prebuilt board costing anywhere from $24.99 to $60+ depending on whose board.

The $25 board I heard on YouTube is available on eBay, and it has a bass and treble adjustment and replaces the OEM 2 transistor preamp.

Reactions: 357magnum
Cutlass , I'll have to ask him . All I know is it added a little more clarity/bass & he charged me $ 30 parts & labor so I don't think the kit he used was very much $ . I do know everyone says I sound much better & he runs a Cobra 2k like myself & just about the same setup & I like the way he sounds .:)

Reactions: Cutlass327

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.