• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

At The End Of The Day, Its Still A CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
A real tech can wideband a transmitter and not have annoying sibilance. When the customer puts a crap mic on his "anytone sssixty sssixss sssixty sssixss" all bets are off.

Rpc has told me that my wideband transmitter is inefficient and he's not wrong. However the last video shows the frequency response of his and Mark's radio is beyond 5khz. That's a 10khz wide AM signal. Unfortunately all they seem to emphasize is the annoying sibilance and not the good high end frequencies. Anyone with a clue sees the hyprocisy here.
Carefully controlled sibilance increases intelligibility at a distance.
Notice how miniscule the Peaks are at 4130 hertz. Notice below 300 Hertz there is nothing since that sound would be lost at a great distance.
The taper is deliberate. The objective is maximum intelligibility as well as performance. I ran the spectrogram application in my tractor trailer as I was doing 65 miles an hour down the highway letting it hear the ambient noise inside my tractor and the ambient noise was at 400 Hertz and below so anything at that frequency range would automatically be lost or cancelled out to my ears at any distance other than directly right next to me. It's a pretty cool app to play with. I had the scale Set to 4900 hertz, so I'm not sure how anyone could possibly think it was 10k wide.

Last edited:
Nobody has to prove or show you anything.
Why don't you and mark go peddle your services elsewhere!
If you don't have to prove I'm a shill then you can't call me one. I'm not peddling anybody's services. I'm simply showing people what I expect in regards to Performance and hoping that someone steps up to the plate to offer me identical or better performance which has yet to happen.

If... intelligibility.. Notice below 300 Hertz there is nothing since that sound would be lost at a great distance.
Prove this statement :confused:; (hint) you can't... (y)

Haha, 300 cycles really, ha... try 20 cycles...
(and yes, 20 Hz A.F. can be transmitted from a modified CB set)

watch?v=ySTNGp17ULI

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
If you don't have to prove I'm a shill then you can't call me one. I'm not peddling anybody's services. I'm simply showing people what I expect in regards to Performance and hoping that someone steps up to the plate to offer me identical or better performance which has yet to happen.
More... My radio is better than yours
So there. ....
Don't you realize you look a immature kid with all your claims and show me this and show me that.
Your only here for one reason, is to drum up business for your God

More... My radio is better than yours
So there. ....
Don't you realize you look a immature kid with all your claims and show me this and show me that.
Your only here for one reason, is to drum up business for your God
Wrong... I'm here to show my expectations hoping you know someone that can meet them.

Prove this statement :confused:; (hint) you can't... (y)

Haha, 300 cycles really, haha... try 20 cycles.. (and yes, 20 Hz A.F. can be transmitted from a modified CB)

watch?v=ySTNGp17ULI

Common sense dictates "wider is less efficient".

Common sense also dictates attenuating useless power, shifting the curve and roll off's increases transmitter range. Keeping it narrow while maintaining intelligibility keeps the signal out of the mud and maximizes efficiency.

The "45 mile cobra 29" is the perfect example of a maintain a clean wave, shifting the response and timing of the amc while maintaining a higher constant (mean power) making it easier to be heard at a greater distance without increasing output power.

It's only logical to have a transmitter that compliments a receivers inabilities and capabilities instead of a what you only see on meter.

Last edited:
Common sense dictates "wider is less efficient".
Common sense also dictates clipping useless power going to waste at the bottom and shifting it towards the middle, simulating a dsp/speech compressor, increases transmitter efficiency at a distance. Keeping it narrow while maintaining intelligibility keeps the signal out of the mud and maximizes efficiency.
"45 mile cobra 29" is the perfect example of shifting the response, agc, amc, attack timing, while maintaining a higher constant "mean" power making it easier to be heard at a greater distance without increasing output power.
bla bla, bla... useless techno-jargon..

"less efficient", haha show me the numbers... Does your guy not pride himself on a "wider" signal, so.. what you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio