• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

At The End Of The Day, Its Still A CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, and I can only hope people choose classic "type accepted" radios over export junk.
Back in the day i had a lousey cheap radio shack radio with an a99 antenna my antenna was like 50 feet in the air plus 5 stories high, i managed to talk alot and go over people with more power so dont tell me all bells and whistles to a cb radio will be a power house,i always believed in the laws of physics.

You are delusional.
I didn't lie, both statements are true.
Good day to you, sir.

Regards
" but I don't know a thing about that done inside the radio without external processing"

" of course I know about that dinosaur of a processor"

Forgive me for being delusional but how is it possible for you to not know about something and to also know about it at the same time?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is ultra modulation? I've never heard that terminology before and it doesn't appear in any textbooks.

" but I don't know a thing about that done inside the radio without external processing"

" of course I know about that dinosaur of a processor"
Now you are only presenting some of my post, after calling me the liar!
Re-read it bud! Don't crop my post to fit your argument, copy it verbatim...
Hmmm, have I ever heard of processing? Hahaha, I run a computer into my CB just for kicks, but I don't know a thing about that.:whistle: "done inside the radio" not with external processing..
The whistle emoticon & "Hahaha" bit provide context..

I was being sarcastic (and you know it), if you know about my YouTube channel.. then I'm sure you've seen my latest video, an internal pre-amp modification... You argument is invalid, stop framing your statements in a way to attempt n' make me look like a lesser person than your guy.

You know about my content, of course you do, that is part of your job, trolling CB enthusiasts on YouTube...
All it takes is a few clicks and your whole argument falls apart.

You ignored my obvious sarcasm at your grotesque insinuation, then omitted context from my statement.
Let me ask you something, would it bruise your ego if you eventually found a better technician than your beloved Mark Sherman? You never will, because you cannot see past him.
It is funny because it demonstrates your malicious intent, deceit by omission.
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is ultra modulation? I've never heard that terminology before and it doesn't appear in any textbooks.
Take a gander.. it was the very the 1st search result, it is almost as if you didn't even try. ;)

The Ultra Modulation System
Using Higher Audio Power Without Splatter
By Ollie J. Allen* W4FHF, F7AW.

I drive a truck. I don't work on radios.
From another thread...
So that is your cop-out, well well... Seems you would enjoy the privilege of speaking from a position of authority on any subject and be absolved of any responsibility for talking out your behind on a public forum, simply because you're "not a tech".

You never accept reality when you get something wrong, so who are you to criticize anyone?

I never mentioned speech processing, you did, you tried to spin the conversation to suit your narrative. You fail to see all of the possibilities because you look at everything from a lens that only allows you to see things possible in the realm of Mark's work. You deflect when called out on your self-serving B.S.

I'm done arguing with you Mark, ummm.. I mean "Scot".

Last edited:
Reactions: dave457
...so dont tell me all bells and whistles to a cb radio will be a power house,i always believed in the laws of physics.
And your point is?
I don't recall addressing you directly Kaos, so I don't see where this is coming from.
Your question is rhetorical.
I never mentioned any bells or whistles.. nor the laws of physics..

Last edited:
Designed for a specific purpose listening to truck drivers in a truck stop at close range as well as listening to weak signals out in the distance without having to take our eyes off the road playing with Notch filters to pull in those weak signals.

Huh?
I have searched far and wide and I can't find any material or reference to a manufacturer designing CB radios for this "specific purpose" that you mention.

But I know what your answer is.
Mark Sherman DESIGNED this radio to do these things!
LOL!

Design: a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made:

Mark Sherman doesn't design things.
He inserts a screwdriver and turns things. We call those golden screwdrivers.
Much lower on the totem pole.
Hell, the probably doesn't even get on the pole itself. He gets to look at it.

Then you, on his behalf claim the speed of light is something different and he sells people coax claiming to have magical properties because he asserts the speed of light to be a different value than what the rest of the world does.
Offers no proof. No data. Just take my word for it.

Then claims to have "NIST calibrated equipment" of which was already debunked.
How can he rely on "NIST calibrations" when he doesn't even believe in one of the fundamentals such as the speed of light?

Please, help me understand this?
They sent men to the moon with these measurements!
They sent little robots to mars!

But Mark Sherman is right and they are wrong?
Are you f--king kidding me?!?!

I am asking you now for at least the fourth time.
Why is this man not a Nobel laureate?
How can this man be so super spectacular living on the run in the desert and nobody knows his name outside of CB radios, and even then not so much?
The two of you claim breakthroughs in technology that would revolutionize communications yet here we are with Mark Sherman's troll.

And yet, the forum moderators let you have a voice, a known shill and troll.

Huh?
I have searched far and wide and I can't find any material or reference to a manufacturer designing CB radios for this "specific purpose" that you mention.

But I know what your answer is.
Mark Sherman DESIGNED this radio to do these things!
LOL!

Mark Sherman doesn't design things.
He inserts a screwdriver and turns things. We call those golden screwdrivers.
Much lower on the totem pole.
Hell, the probably doesn't even get on the pole itself. He gets to look at it.

Then you, on his behalf claim the speed of light is something different and he sells people coax claiming to have magical properties because he asserts the speed of light to be a different value than what the rest of the world does.
Offers no proof. No data. Just take my word for it.

Then claims to have "NIST calibrated equipment" of which was already debunked.
How can he rely on "NIST calibrations" when he doesn't even believe in one of the fundamentals such as the speed of light?

Please, help me understand this?
They sent men to the moon with these measurements!
They sent little robots to mars!

But Mark Sherman is right and they are wrong?
Are you f--king kidding me?!?!

I am asking you now for at least the fourth time.
Why is this man not a Nobel laureate?
How can this man be so super spectacular living on the run in the desert and nobody knows his name outside of CB radios, and even then not so much?
The two of you claim breakthroughs in technology that would revolutionize communications yet here we are with Mark Sherman's troll.

And yet, the forum moderators let you have a voice, a known shill and troll.
With a join date of January 18th I think it's safe to assume this is a shill for Mike, Mark, Ben, Jimmy, or Damir. Your opinion means absolutely nothing. Real world results are the only thing that matter in this world. Opinions mean nothing. Golden screwdrivers don't produce results. Notice Mikes tune sounds muffled and gets stepped on, and the other tune sounds crystal clear and cuts through a couple guys talking. Did it make you angry that Nick Jones only chose to send a radio to Mike out of desperation because the other guy never got back to him? I'd be willing to bet 50 bucks that this is Mike himself since you joined this forum specifically by your own admission to instigate discontent.
Screenshot_20180202-023433.png

Last edited:
With a join date of January 18th I think it's safe to assume this is a shill for Mike, Mark, Ben, Jimmy, or Damir.
Now it's about me. Insn't that the standard FOX news approach?
LOOK AT HIM!
HE IS THE BAD ONE!
This thread is about Windy City, someone that is unethical and you are one of his cohorts that attacks people when they don't agree with you or your deity Sherman.

This is not about me. So your attempts to make it about me will fail.
This is a typical shill tactic. Make it about the other guy.

Your opinion means absolutely nothing.
ALL of your posts about "what is the best"
ARE OPINION!

You have shown
NOTHING!

SO I REPEAT:
Why are these people like Sherman, whom you say is "the best" and has different assertions about what the world sees as fact not famous beyond belief?

Real world results are the only thing that matter in this world.
Agreed. But in order for ANYONE to take you seriously you have to show the data!

- How was it connected?
- What measurements were taken?
- How were they taken

In order for this to be VALID you have to show EVERYTHING!
AND MOST IMPORTANT:
IT MUST BE REPRODUCEABLE!

Opinions mean nothing.

Thank you for clearing that little bit up.
The problem with all of this is that you keep saying that YOUR OPINION matters when in fact, it does not.

Golden screwdrivers don't produce results.
As much as this galls me to type, yes they in fact do.
When they turn those things they change something.
Is the RESULT good or bad? Is the person that wanted it done happy with the RESULT?

Result: a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome

Notice Mikes tune sounds muffled and gets stepped on, and the other tune sounds
crystal clear and cuts through a couple guys talking.

So we are going to base this on a unscientific test where we have no idea of the conditions of any of the components in your so-called test?
Allow me to educate you on how such tests are performed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Did it make you angry that Nick Jones only chose to send a radio to Mike out of desperation because the other guy never got back to him?
I'd be willing to bet 50 bucks that this is Mike himself since you joined this forum specifically by your own admission to instigate discontent.

Not even going to entertain your fantasies.
I am expecting you to have REAL ANSWERS.
You should know now how to perform real tests and provide data.
And not subjective data like gut feelings or personal preference.
And if nobody can reproduce it using your instructions, then it's bullshit plain and simple.

Since you are having this discussion with someone that is an auditor I can tell you that the instant you do not have data to back something up it's tossed. You fail.
That goes for anyone that works to verify data in the real world - unless of course they are paid shills. (And that actually was not a jab at you - but at the frauds that take money for verification)

Now it's about me. Insn't that the standard FOX news approach?
LOOK AT HIM!
HE IS THE BAD ONE!
This thread is about Windy City, someone that is unethical and you are one of his cohorts that attacks people when they don't agree with you or your deity Sherman.

This is not about me. So your attempts to make it about me will fail.
This is a typical shill tactic. Make it about the other guy.

ALL of your posts about "what is the best"
ARE OPINION!

You have shown
NOTHING!

SO I REPEAT:
Why are these people like Sherman, whom you say is "the best" and has different assertions about what the world sees as fact not famous beyond belief?

Agreed. But in order for ANYONE to take you seriously you have to show the data!

- How was it connected?
- What measurements were taken?
- How were they taken

In order for this to be VALID you have to show EVERYTHING!
AND MOST IMPORTANT:
IT MUST BE REPRODUCEABLE!

Thank you for clearing that little bit up.
The problem with all of this is that you keep saying that YOUR OPINION matters when in fact, it does not.

As much as this galls me to type, yes they in fact do.
When they turn those things they change something.
Is the RESULT good or bad? Is the person that wanted it done happy with the RESULT?

So we are going to base this on a unscientific test where we have no idea of the conditions of any of the components in your so-called test?
Allow me to educate you on how such tests are performed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Not even going to entertain your fantasies.
I am expecting you to have REAL ANSWERS.
You should know now how to perform real tests and provide data.
And not subjective data like gut feelings or personal preference.
And if nobody can reproduce it using your instructions, then it's bullshit plain and simple.

Since you are having this discussion with someone that is an auditor I can tell you that the instant you do not have data to back something up it's tossed. You fail.
That goes for anyone that works to verify data in the real world - unless of course they are paid shills. (And that actually was not a jab at you - but at the frauds that take money for verification)
One nice thing about spectral analysis of an audio file is that it's very scientific and unbiased.
How many times does a coincidence need to repeat itself before it becomes fact? When It becomes predictable every time is good enough for me. Feel free to bury your head in the sand, but I'm content making accurate predictions since any preconceived notions I have are based on a consistent pattern of real world performance carefully observed over a 14 year period.

Thanks for the slander and libel, calling me a "cohort" of Windy City. I don't even know the guy. Perhaps you can explain how you arrived at this conclusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.