• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Autek vs Daiwa Meter?

As you already know BootyMon, I have one of those. What I am looking for is an analog meter that is very accurate when testing my station and for doing radio alignments. That Dosy that I have been using - just doesn't cut it!

actually i didn't know you had one , i don't remember everyones post .

i'm curious as to the accuracy of it though . i'm guessing you'rs isn't very accurate since you want something better for your uses .
can you share how far off it is on it's different displays please .
thanks

btw . choosing the autek over the palstar was a good move since the palstar only has 300 and 2000 watt ranges ..... a bit much for typical radios .

Well Booty, I can't very well do accurate radio alignments without it. The Dosy will still have to be used for adjusting modulation % <groan>. Don't know of any accurate meter for that. I'll bet that your Astatic meter can probably do as well or better than the Dosy. Setting the dead key watts or just seeing where any radio is giving its best 4:1 watt spread will make it invaluable. Not to mention seeing a 2% accuracy if setting an amp/radio combo for my mobile - so as not to over-drive it. Or even setting an amp up for my station too.

The reason you don't remember is because it is 4/20 today - lmbfao/rotfl

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
ROBB IO use the AVG setting on the autek to set the dead key on any CB I tune as the PEP setting is very sensitive on the Autek.

after I get the dead key set where I want it then I use the PEP to set the 1:4 forward wattage.

I then hook up the scope and so far I have never had any issues with over modulation problems.

Great meter and you will enjoy it.

Well; the Autek WM-1 arrived today. I will need to use it for a week or so and then get back here. Need to make a 2:1/100 ohm dummy load and use that as one test.

Also bought a Diamond SX40C for my 2m/70cm equipment. That was a must. Bought it at Ham Radio Outlet for about $90/tx incl.

Here is a pic of the Autek

Attachments

• PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: 1 person
I always used a Dosy TC 4002...and all I can tell you is that the Daiwa 801 will burst your bubble.

That Autek looks really nice, Robb. Thanks for posting a pic. I am anxious to hear what you think of it!

RT307

Well; the Autek WM-1 arrived today. I will need to use it for a week or so and then get back here. Need to make a 2:1/100 ohm dummy load and use that as one test.

Also bought a Diamond SX40C for my 2m/70cm equipment. That was a must. Bought it at Ham Radio Outlet for about $90/tx incl.

Here is a pic of the Autek
sweet meter!!!! love it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated