• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

avanti av-190 saturn

sanman do you have any pictures of your lw150 ?, its been talked about on here for years,
i think what you guys call a larry is a tagra bt-104 imported from europe but i don't recall anybody posting a pic of a larry.

thanks.

Last edited:
Are your lw150 parts gold anodized Eddie? the Tagra is the only version i have seen that's gold. the one in the video looks like the original Tagra,

i had one sold to me as a Tagra years ago, it was not gold,
like the penetrator i bought that was not a hygain penetrator,

Are your lw150 parts gold anodized Eddie? the Tagra is the only version i have seen that's gold. the one in the video looks like the original Tagra,

i had one sold to me as a Tagra years ago, it was not gold,
like the penetrator i bought that was not a hygain penetrator,

No gold Bob, and no labels showing the maker either. The parts were given to me and I was told it was LW150 by a neighbor that always claimed to run a LW150. He also gave me the instruction sheet I linked above.

The radiator is a mess of repairs and patches without the radial cone. I have the gamma, but no hubs. The tubes are very thin and were connected using two sheet metal screws, and the kit was obviously "Fixed" as to setup from the factory. The tip was adjustable a little bit and it is about 30'-31' feet long. The radiator at the gamma "Dog Bone" connector is a bit less than1.50" x 6" inches in diameter and length. Compared to my original Sigma4 the kit is poor.

Yours sounds like a cte lw150 Eddie almost if not identical to the original vector 4000,

i have seen people describe the lw150 larry antenna as been gold anodised like the Tagra,
I don't agree the Tagra BT-104 is the best version, its heavy and like the original vector too long for best performance,

I'm not inclined to believe advertising BS either Bob, but virtually everybody does it in their advertising and many even lie right out.

I also have heard the Larry tubing in the base element was corrugated or designed so as to be stronger than plane tubing for the same diameter.

Over the years, I haven't read many performance reports on the LW150 antenna either.

What are you hearing about Sirio's New HW Gain Master over there? Zero-Zilch over here.

I just went to look again, thought I should grab it, POOF! Gone! Vanished into thin air, like it never happened... not even in completed listings.
I looked at it the day you posted, should have grabbed it then.
One reason I'm using ebay less & less is weird crap like this. It was there, now not even showing in completed or sold listings?
Weird.[/
No gold Bob, and no labels showing the maker either. The parts were given to me and I was told it was LW150 by a neighbor that always claimed to run a LW150. He also gave me the instruction sheet I linked above.

The radiator is a mess of repairs and patches without the radial cone. I have the gamma, but no hubs. The tubes are very thin and were connected using two sheet metal screws, and the kit was obviously "Fixed" as to setup from the factory. The tip was adjustable a little bit and it is about 30'-31' feet long. The radiator at the gamma "Dog Bone" connector is a bit less than1.50" x 6" inches in diameter and length. Compared to my original Sigma4 the kit is poor.
that is the exact antenna I have. I screwed up one of the radial tubes that broke on me. There are two sections of tubing put together . It's the CTE LW 150. I bought that antenna back in 1987. I couldn't get the sigma 4 because they stopped making them . I'm hoping I could still get one . LW150 is a big antenna but it's poorly made. I added slits to the tubing with hose clamps. The plastic hubs are also cheap. I'll have to pull it out of the attic to make pictures. Hopefully tomorrow .

Bob, below is an installation video of the Tagra which is said to have been made by Swissradio of Spain. I have some parts of an old LW150, and it uses screws to secure the radiator elements, while the Tagra uses long bolt on clamps...and looks more secure than the Larry 150.

I also have the installation papers that came with the LW150 noted below. http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/upgrading-the-cte-international-lw-150.138077/#post-363895

That is the thread we talked about back in 2012. Since then I did put it together and didn't use no ox , broke the cone element radiator

Not hearing anything about the 1/2wave gain master Eddie,
not heard anybody local using or talking about buying the 1/2wave version,
there is no rush to buy like we had with the 5/8 ,

i saw somebody selling one on TM1,

imho the 1/2wave does not have much to offer other than been shorter & stiffer in high wind,

it lacks the bandwidth of the 5/8,
you need a longer mast if you want it at the same tip height,
its still a low power handling antenna
still uses the same easy to damage method of joining the sections,

sirio did the TOP-ONE trick on us again,

can someone please give me some help with an av190. I can't get the swr down on horizontal side. It is grounding out somewhere as soon as I screw in the feed rods. Had this antenna for about 2 years and flat side never has worked. Pulling my hair out here...

i don't live there anymore Jeff, unplanned move back here to care for my mother,

nothing in the way of my antennas here, im 16 meters lower but its a much better location for radio, 3 s-units of noise or more better,

i could put up a dipole for top band or edz for 80mtrs if i wanted,
the other place i had just about enough room to swing a cat but the apples make better pies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.