• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Avoid this customer!

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
He goes by Roberto Renta, and Cielo Renta. Known email address is crenta@aol.com. His shipping address is in East Elmhurst, NJ. He comes off as a big spender, but in the long run, he's cost me a heck of a lot more than he's spent, in the form of lost potential customers and lost revenue, etc. His latest is special-ordering a Sweet Sixteen with fan kit, then after getting the product, doing a chargeback on his credit card. He claims I told him that the pills were Toshiba 2879's (I told him they were 2879's, NOT Toshibas). He hasn't returned the product, just kept it and is now essentially trying to get it for free. He's also been known to buy product from me, then resell it at crazy mark-up, then lying to his customers telling them that I will warranty everything directly. I've had enough, and I'd advise anyone else who is approached by this guy to avoid him. Short-term sales will look good, but long-term hassle and BS just isnt worth it. This latest incident is theft, pure and simple.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so admin/mods move it if need be.

Anyway, Avoid this scumbag!

Avoid this customer

Roberto is a con man from way back.He use to buy radios from Richard and sell them for a profit.Nothing wrong with that.He bought a ton of 2970dx and decided to crank them up with a swr meter.They were so messed up.I bought one and could not believe the shape it was in.Before I bought it he told me Richard set them up and backed them up.I emailed Richard and he told me Roberto used his golden screw driver and he would not warrant them.Roberto told me to ship it back and he would refund my money.Of course that didn't happen.About four years later this guy"Shortchange" shows up on Sparky's forum,selling tons of radios with good feedback.I went to E-bay to buy a meter from this guy"Blackheart".Found out it was Roberto.So I e-mailed him and told him I wanted my money back.His wife e-mailed me back and said Roberto was her ex and was not responsible.Then I find out "Shortchange" is Roberto.So went on Sparky's forum and told him I was going to tell my story unless I got my money back.Now Sparky goes on his forum telling all what a great guy Roberto is and all the radios he bought off of him.Kind of gave me a inside on Sparky.But 2 weeks later,Roberto sends me a check for the radio plus $50 more.You be the judge,I would never buy anything he sold after that.

Wow..all you can do with someone like this is put a lot of distance between you and them do no business with them. Sounds like this guy has already done a lot of damage.

CB radio has a bad name?

Several years ago I came into contact with some prejudiced people who feel that CB Radio operators in general are basically a bunch of lowlife morons. They referred to the 11 Meter Band as the Childrens Band, Romper Room, 11 Meter Moron Band and called Channel 6 (27.025) the Welfare Channel. I also heard some ethnic and racial comments about CB Radio operators that I definitely won't repeat here.

Unfortunately I haven't really heard anything positive about CB Radio and it's operators in many years.

Several years ago I came into contact with some prejudiced people who feel that CB Radio operators in general are basically a bunch of lowlife morons. They referred to the 11 Meter Band as the Childrens Band, Romper Room, 11 Meter Moron Band and called Channel 6 (27.025) the Welfare Channel. I also heard some ethnic and racial comments about CB Radio operators that I definitely won't repeat here.

Unfortunately I haven't really heard anything positive about CB Radio and it's operators in many years.

Well,most of them aren't yaking on the ham bands. :love:

Well, you are in NJ where people spend all of their paychecks to try and jam up 27.185.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated