• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad CB Shops

cb

Ranger service said they must have truned every adjustment in it. Ever see a 29702n put out 325 watts on sideband? Thats what they said it was doing. no wonder 50 amps couldn,t supply it. They said it was pulling over 60 amp draw.

Reactions: davew41
I bought a rci 29702n in May from the shop in Kentucky name starts with a C ends with r Paid for the alignment. Radio never worked right, Even my 50 amp Astron power supply wasn't enough to power it. Sent it to Ranger for warranty, They said they have never seen one so far out of alignment. Surprisilingly nothing was damaged. They did a total alignment on it. Got it back yesterday. Never worked this good.

My buddy has a N2 and it had been aligned correctly and output is 250w pep clean on lsb and usb its right on the money.

What did RCI charge for the tune and alignment ?

I think it smells of

There's a lot of CB shops out there irratate me the same as many cell phone stores do... They think a single magnetic mount antenna will do the needs of everyone on the planet! I mean, why not just sell them a 198' non-ground-plane scotch taped on antenna with antenna tuner? As bad as the cell phone stores assuming that everyone on the planet needs an iPhone!

whats wrong with a magnetic mount antenna on a metal vehicle? you don't lose any noticeable performance vs a through mounted antenna of equal design. many people these days drive nice vehicles and don't want to damage it with a standard mount or work in urban areas where antenna height must be regulated.

not everyone has the want or need to run 102" whip.

My experience

Avoid Sparkys had a bad experience with him.I do all my business with Bells CB Screwdriver and mabell best customer service and attitude and he does a hell of a job on the radios.Copper was great with my 257 as well.Alot of people talk smack about em but my product arrived quick and working as did my antron.

It depends on who they send the radio to to get tweaked. Lon, tech 808 in Bloomington, Illinois used to be one of them and he was GOOD. Well he passed away a few years ago so i don't know who does their work anymore...

It depends on who they send the radio to to get tweaked. Lon, tech 808 in Bloomington, Illinois used to be one of them and he was GOOD. Well he passed away a few years ago so i don't know who does their work anymore...

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

He was good at brown-nosing Sam Lewis and Chet to get free equipment.:love:

whats wrong with a magnetic mount antenna on a metal vehicle? you don't lose any noticeable performance vs a through mounted antenna of equal design. many people these days drive nice vehicles and don't want to damage it with a standard mount or work in urban areas where antenna height must be regulated.

not everyone has the want or need to run 102" whip.

I drive a company Dodge Caravan to make my Deliveries. I Agree With you Carl, I CAN NOT drill holes in the roof of that Van, I use a Mag Mount.

Just saw this post and want to say I had a great experience with Radio Shop Supply in Ramona California.....Chip (owner or mgr??) called me after I sent an email to RCI about service and parts. RCI had forwarded the email...I rec'd a call from Chip, we discussed the issues with my 6900F. They have one set labor price (80.00 for the 6900f radio) plus parts, timeline to repair discussed....inside the timeline he called told me it was ready and would see that it shipped same day if UPS had not made pickups for the day(430PM) Great customer service....explained to him during the first call this radio had set 5 months and came back not repaired....he stated they would fix it....period. they found & replace a clarifier pot we had not discussed!!!...it was getting hard to tune, bent slightly? cost 4.52 for the part no labor added. otit was getting very
everything went as planned....great shop...excellent customer service. will use them again if needed. From my understanding they are the RCI radio repair shop....and the only shop for warranty repairs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated