• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad CB Shops

After careful review of all threads on all forums dealing with good/bad CB shops and reviewing the White/black lists I have come to the conclusion that every Cb shop there is is without a doubt the best/worst, most honest/worst ripoff, with the friendliest/nastiest staff.

Well said. (y)

I use Mr CB in Oak Grove Mo never had nothing come back bad not saying that someone did not have somrthing go bad but that can happen with anything. We had a caddy took it to the dealer because it would lose power going down the road .We paid them 2700 bucks to have them tell us they did not know how to fix it then said we should trade it in on a new one. I told them to stick it where the sun did'nt shine. We dont buy GM cars anymore.

Grind that axe baby. Heck for your first post ever ya could of at least started a new thread.

I learned a lot about amplifiers repairing my fatboy junk. Have heard horror stories about their customer service. One guy was told his new amp had an oscillation problem but they shipped it back to him as is. Since they are buying illegal equipment most people won't seek any legal action.

Cb specialty in South Bend is the only one i ever go to anymore.. My old shop, the tech pissed me off, so he's off the hook now.. I wont go back...

I learned a lot about amplifiers repairing my fatboy junk. Have heard horror stories about their customer service. One guy was told his new amp had an oscillation problem but they shipped it back to him as is. Since they are buying illegal equipment most people won't seek any legal action.

A better ground, shorter ground, and good swr's, the oscillation issue probably stopped.

CbRadiosPRONTO

A better ground, shorter ground, and good swr's, the oscillation issue probably stopped.

CbRadiosPRONTO

Actually, if it was a larger amp, like a 8pill or larger. Usually its because the input and output coaxs are overlapped. Nothing will fix it until the input combiner/ splitter is moved and coaxes then ran so nothing is overlapped. Bad designing / layout.

CbRadiosPRONTO

Problems are in manufacturing quality not the install. If you do buy one of chargers larger boxes that use an LC network save yourself some headache and tune it or take it to someone that knows how.

The other option is what I did before I knew better. Play with jumper lengths until the stupid thing works decent and the reflect meter isn't in the corner. It talked but when I actually fixed the amp the performance increase was night and day.

CbRadiosPRONTO

With a Fatboy, I doubt it. Not unless the box got properly tuned with the right value caps and not just the Fatboy standard of "close enough".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually, if it was a larger amp, like a 8pill or larger. Usually its because the input and output coaxs are overlapped. Nothing will fix it until the input combiner/ splitter is moved and coaxes then ran so nothing is overlapped. Bad designing / layout.

Problems are in manufacturing quality not the install. If you do buy one of chargers larger boxes that use an LC network save yourself some headache and tune it or take it to someone that knows how.

The other option is what I did before I knew better. Play with jumper lengths until the stupid thing works decent and the reflect meter isn't in the corner. It talked but when I actually fixed the amp the performance increase was night and day.

I missed these. What these people said. The quality with Fatboy just isn't there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Exit 87 cb shop in Jackson,Tn is a sorry excuse for a cb shop.The guy GM is a con & a rip off.He works out of a little piece of crap tool shed sitting on side of the road in a rat hole parking lot & he trying to washout trailers to.(that shoulda been a obvious signs to stay away).Hes got black rotton teeth,which tells me he is or was doing meth @ one time or another,so if hes a dope head hes pretty much gonna do whatever he can to get $ to support his habit.He may even be selling it.After my bad experience with this guy,I come to find out that he has ripped off a ton of drivers.I could not find one driver to say anything good bout him or his work.Drivers either didnt know him or had negative things to say bout him.Did some research on the internet & there are all kinda complaints about his business,even saw some post that said he was a sex offender,which I wouldnt doubt,he just comes across real creepy & kinda does gives off a sex offender vibe. How can people like this own & operate a business & why do they feel the need to rip peopke off.If you not gonna do the work right to start with,why do you want to stay in business.Just doesnt make any sense to me,but I guess it is what it is& if he is a sex offender,why would the city or state for that matter,let him open a business?If you think Im lying about him being creepy,check out the creepy picture he has posted on his FB page.I think its...I-40 exit 87 cb shop & truck wash.If you in Jackson,Tn this is one cb shop you need to put on your,DO NOT USE list.Drivers,be safe and keep america moving.Truck it up!Thanks HBK

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.