• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad CB Shops

A dope head will rip off his own mamma to get high!! Especially a meth or crack head!! They don't care if they butcher your radio, all they want is money. Most Truck drivers are easy prey for people like him most likely as there probably aren't any other shops around. Sucks for the ones that get the crap end of the stick when they find out what has really been done to their radio. Thanks for the heads up!!

Exit 87 cb shop in Jackson,Tn is a sorry excuse for a cb shop.The guy GM is a con & a rip off.He works out of a little piece of crap tool shed sitting on side of the road in a rat hole parking lot & he trying to washout trailers to.(that shoulda been a obvious signs to stay away).Hes got black rotton teeth,which tells me he is or was doing meth @ one time or another,so if hes a dope head hes pretty much gonna do whatever he can to get $ to support his habit.He may even be selling it.After my bad experience with this guy,I come to find out that he has ripped off a ton of drivers.I could not find one driver to say anything good bout him or his work.Drivers either didnt know him or had negative things to say bout him.Did some research on the internet & there are all kinda complaints about his business,even saw some post that said he was a sex offender,which I wouldnt doubt,he just comes across real creepy & kinda does gives off a sex offender vibe. How can people like this own & operate a business & why do they feel the need to rip peopke off.If you not gonna do the work right to start with,why do you want to stay in business.Just doesnt make any sense to me,but I guess it is what it is& if he is a sex offender,why would the city or state for that matter,let him open a business?If you think Im lying about him being creepy,check out the creepy picture he has posted on his FB page.I think its...I-40 exit 87 cb shop & truck wash.If you in Jackson,Tn this is one cb shop you need to put on your,DO NOT USE list.Drivers,be safe and keep america moving.Truck it up!Thanks HBK

Somethings seems fishy with this post. This is his first and only post. He just joined today. Maybe it is just me but to accuse someone of being a drug user and possible dealer is wrong. Then he is accused of looking like a sex offender. WTF?

Reactions: binrat and unit_399
Avoid guys with this mentality...
wjkxm_zpsbyycyafl.jpg

I called a shop over towards Memphis TN yesterday to ask what he gets for the Connex 3300HP. He gets $338 for peak and tune,convert,and upgraded talkback! Don't get me wrong, he's a great tech (he's done some work for me a couple yrs ago) but he's so high.
I'm assuming you mean high in price. That sounds like an exorbitant amount of money to be paid for the work you mention in your post. Then again if he's local and you're only other option is to ship it out, it's probably worth it, I guess. After all if you don't want your radio bouncing around a postal truck a total of 6 days or more, it's definitely worth it.

Roger beeps, TalkBack, ecko, doorbells , fake browning pings and samppled audio clips are pointless imo. It's such a waste.. On my local AM channel 9 out of ten operators use them. I don't and never will. All the operators that use them seem to be fascinated by them. Something like a chimpanzee looking into a mirror. They constantly key them up to let people know they're on the air and triple and quadruple Key after saying 73 S. Childish foolish and totally unnecessary. I'll never understand Why operators feel the need to have and use those toys. I equate it to putting a playing card in your bicycle spokes. It makes a lot of noise and as a kid it kind of made you feel like you were riding a Harley, but it didn't make you go faster nor did it make your bicycle perform any better. I wish somebody would give me an honest answer to why they use these devices that have absolutely no benefit, except to annoying and obnoxious. It just blows my mind how so many adults can be so childish. What a waste of money, I hope that someone who uses these noise toys, which is basically what they are, toys, uses them. I could never get a straight answer. I think there embarrassed once you call them out on it. And they should be, embarrassed that is.

Not defending it - you understand. First time I remember hearing a roger beep was the televised moon landings. HT's - like the Baofeng - have a roger beep. Its intended use is for letting the other party know that you have unkeyed - of course. Has some legitimacy with SSB comms if conditions are poor or less than favorable.

Now the lot that AMers use has much to do with tradition. I don't mind echo, so long as it doesn't tail off ad nauseum. Short, clean echoes can be effective. What gets my underwear in a bunch is an AM operator that doesn't have his modulation under control and overdrives his amp with a nasty long echo. Sure we've all heard that from time to time. Sure sign of a newbee. That is the worst - IMO . . .

Reactions: kaos513
I use a roger beep on SSB for just the reason Robb said. And I also use a little echo on the AM side because I think I gives me a little more punch at times. Does it?...Maybe not, But I feel it does. I don't feel embarrassed about it. I try not to be annoying with it.

Last edited:
Mr. CB on I-70, exit 28 in Missouri.

I'll never understand Why operators feel the need to have and use those toys. I wish somebody would give me an honest answer to why they use these devices that have absolutely no benefit, except to annoying and obnoxious. I could never get a straight answer.

My belief is, it's because when you are sitting for long hours in truck waiting to unload or just otr and are bored, these "toys" essentially turn your radio, which is basically a "tool" into a toy. You know, to "amuse yourself", at the expense of pissing off another.

The echo is a great example. it reminds me of those cheap toy PA horns that you talk into and it changes your voice into robotic sounds, for giggles and grins.

Some however actually think the echo makes you louder, etc but of interest no other radios but CB's use echo or noise toys.

Also I believe these stem from the browning days with the "ping" sound they had. Some people actually liked the ping while others tried to find a way to eliminate it.

STAY AWAY FROM :JOKERMAN ELECTRONICS,SPARTANBURG,SC.....BLACKLISTED FOR THIS CUSTOMER EMAIL:This gem landed in my inbox a few minutes ago. What can I say? Don’t deal with Jokerman Electronics because the joke is on you. Let’s take a look at this word salad shall we… Allow me to translate and give a brief synopsis: What he is saying is that until the bad reviews are removed he will not return the amplifier. He seems to imply that he can make this easier or harder. He clearly wants MORE MONEY for labor because its business and that he is not a friend and he has to run an (illegitimate) business. If you keep talking bad about me it’s not going to be good for you. Original message follows, interesting parts highlighted in red. On Sunday, March 10, 2019, 7:20:49 PM EDT, jason [redacted] <[redacted]@gmail.com> wrote: Hey all you gotta do is be man the man take those reviews down and talk to me but until then the amplifier Will stay with me Intel we talk you keep going around is this making it harder for you you talk it that about my business in and can I make it easy for you you know So I wait on your response as soon as also down you call me up and be man the man about it will talk What you need to pay me more labor because I’m in my labor talk you later this Business we’re not friends this is a business I have to run a business sorry but this is how gotta be View or use must come down you talk any more about my stuff is not gonna be very pleasing for you…………………………………………. I think what he did is waited until the end of the message to add those things called “periods” that would normally separate these things we call “sentences”? Tell me Jokerman. How is THREATENING your customers helping you? Are you kidding me? Let’s look more into Jokerman….. This business – like almost every other CB radio business – is not a real business. It’s a guy in his garage dodging taxes and business licenses. In other words, criminals. If you expected anything less than criminal activity then you expect too much. There are businesses in his state that have registered agents with the same name as him. None of them appeared to be related to him in any way.

Attachments

• BOOTED.jpg
    BOOTED.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.