• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad CB Shops

No lets not, all that does is open up a can of worms and fights start. Then the mods have to lock the thread and you have accomplished nothing. Do a simple google search for blacklisted cb shops. You can also do a search of good shops here on the forum and get plenty of old threads.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I called a shop over towards Memphis TN yesterday to ask what he gets for the Connex 3300HP. He gets $338 for peak and tune,convert,and upgraded talkback! Don't get me wrong, he's a great tech (he's done some work for me a couple yrs ago) but he's so high.

I called a shop over towards Memphis TN yesterday to ask what he gets for the Connex 3300HP. He gets $338 for peak and tune,convert,and upgraded talkback! Don't get me wrong, he's a great tech (he's done some work for me a couple yrs ago) but he's so high.

Well if he gets it then someone other than you thinks it's worth it.

That upgraded talkback is a hell of a selling point...

I thought the samething about the tb. This shop is at the 42 on I-40. He has a smart mouth too. His shop is right in front of a Pilot and I passed there a couple months back. There were hundreds of trucks in the truck stop parked. Not a soul in the CB Shop. I don't see how he stays in business.

I dislike hearing

people with there talk back on,its horible.And not a fan of echos and roger beeps.The best shop in east central Missouri was at Lemay 2 way just off hwy 55 at the 202 mile marker,the 1993 flood got it,and the old guy didnt want to rebuild,there is one just south of me now.Its just off hwy 67 at the Valley Mines exit,just south of Interstate 55 at the 175 mile marker,hes a good tech and builds nice amps i have heard...73 de JW

Actually, I'm very pleased with this fellow I went to yesterday. They call him the Tinman in upstate NY. I took him a couple of radios that were dead to me, and he brought them back to life for a price I was more than happy with.
The real kicker is the output numbers he told me they were doing is basiclly the same numbers I'm seeing on my meters. I've had way to many people give me inflated output numbers, it's nice to find someone that's honest.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.