• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Antenna

Yes it is I believe!
Slowly trying to learn as much as I can and very thankful for everyone on this forum. Everyone has been a huge help! I used to run an Anytone AT 6666 in my truck with one of the coiled tram antennas on my toolbox and was able to hit Australia, definitely excited to see what I can reach with a base with an antenna at a higher elevation

Reactions: Marconi and S&W357
Depends on how long you want it to last and what the budget is. Lots of good antennas out there.
The mast I am getting is collapsible so I can bring the antenna down in storms. Not looking to break the bank but don't mind paying for an antenna is that's one of the main things for a set up to work properly

40-foot antenna mast
The mast I am getting is collapsible
The antenna type to me depends VERY greatly on this mast!!!!
Type Material? Manufacturer?
Before antenna purchase, best to evaluate mast load capability and mounting/support configuration. IMHO

Many masts may say 40ft tall, however may have 3lb load limit when extended past 30ft!!!
s-l1600_1_.jpg

ROHN_H303WAYGUY_140x192.gif

Guy spec for 30ft ROHN STEEL pole

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I just thought of another antenna, I believe it's called the Siro 2008,I have never personally used one myself,but I read the reviews on it and it looked pretty Solid!!
I have the 2008 and it's a great antenna. The receive is extremely better than the Sigma Silver Rod I was using, and I am transmitting to places I had not reached.

I don't mean to sound nasty or anything, but for the life of me I can't understand why people spend good money on nice radios, high cost coax, and then use an antenna that is not even as good as a dipole. That Antron, and it's various clones, are nothing but a piece of 16ga wire. The glass rods retain static that causes a lot of receiver hash, also. I had one in the 90s and was extremely happy when I had the first chance to lose it. After using MANY different antennae since 1964, I find the Antron worthy of fly fishing. This is my personal opinion, and I do not intend to offend anyone with it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?