• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base or Mobile or both?

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
Just wondering who runs just a base or just a mobile or both?? I have always run a Base set up, but a radio in the truck just dont do it for me anymore even with an amp. Just wondering whos doing what out here!

Cheer

I've always just had a mobile set up. back in the 80's and 90's I just had a mobile. Never really wanted a base.

I started out with a mobile a few years ago and thru natural progression ended up with a base. Then I ended up working 10-15 minutes from home and removed the mobile.

I'm okay with that and I'm not sure if I'd go back to a mobile.

I love installing mobile radios and antennas, trying all different brands and types. I have ONLY run mobile the whole time I've been in the hobby.

but a radio in the truck just dont do it for me anymore even with an amp. Just wondering whos doing what out here!

How you mount the antenna can make or break the installation and leave you either wondering if you've set fire to your money or completely blown away by what you can achieve.

If you do any of the following:

1) Use mirror arm brackets

2) Have the antenna mounted very low on the vehicle

3) Have any of the antenna shadowed by the body

...you'll think you've set fire to your money.

However if you put the antenna in the center of the roof of the vehicle or as high as you can with as much metal as you can under the antenna, preferably with a permanent fixed mount, and do a bit of bonding and you'll be amazed how far you'll get.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated