• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BBi explains antennas. (put on your high boots)

He disables comments on all of his videos. Another forum has hammered him almost into the ground from what I remember seeing while strolling around. In my opinion, they hammer all the wrong people, not defending Lucas. I don’t go there any more. Just here.

So it’s you that my antenna keeps picking up, you and your turn signal huh?

I read 12 whole post today, do I get a star? I also replaced the clipped out limiters in 3 radios so could I maybe get a cookie too?

I don’t hide the fact that I like BBi but yeah, maybe he needs to just stick to making videos about repairs to amps. Or how he makes his work neat and tidy... maybe just leave the antenna stuff alone and kinda let other people explain that.

The guy builds some nice looking stuff. His workmanship is top notch but he just can't keep his mouth shut when he doesn't know something. He's came a long way since the micro fans that blow across the top of each transistor in amplifiers. That was great.

He does the same thing in the amp videos. He starts explaining how something works, gets in over his head, quickly mumbles few words that sound important, says were not going to get into that right now and changes the subject.

My concern is how this kind of person would handle a situation where he made a mistake on a repair? Would he admit he made a mistake and make it right or fill them full of BS and charge them to fix it again?

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
My concern is how this kind of person would handle a situation where he made a mistake on a repair? Would he admit he made a mistake and make it right or fill them full of BS and charge them to fix it again?

Sounds like Three G's in Baytown, Tx. They have a habit of "holding on" to your equipment for too long. Not fixing things or sending them out to others to repair. Have heard some nasty complaints about crappy work and getting charged again to repair. They do have comparable prices on "new" stock, but the "used" prices are not worth the hassle.

Reactions: Slowmover
"My brain hurts!"
It happens every time I watch one of his videos.
big-headache-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Well I’ve missed the micro fans thing. Damn.

He does do nice looking work, I gotta admit that, the rest I can’t deny or defend. Same thing goes with Gatekeeper, some of his builds are really nice looking.

Tallman I’m sorry your head hurts. Don’t watch no more videos and call me in the morning. Haha.

Well, there’s a long list of names. If you pick from the list my wife picks from, you and me might not be friends very long, haha.

Others would be DA and several other derogatory words that I won’t type out here, I don’t need the heat on me.

Porkchop works though, it’s what most everybody calls me. I’m not a doctor but I play one on TV. No I don’t, that’s a lie. Now liar is added onto the list. Damn.

Reactions: Tallman
So it’s you that my antenna keeps picking up, you and your turn signal huh?

I read 12 whole post today, do I get a star? I also replaced the clipped out limiters in 3 radios so could I maybe get a cookie too?

I don’t hide the fact that I like BBi but yeah, maybe he needs to just stick to making videos about repairs to amps. Or how he makes his work neat and tidy... maybe just leave the antenna stuff alone and kinda let other people explain that.

If you read 12 of his postings you are possibly suffering from a DUMBCUSSION. You have been repeatedly battered by vacuous statements that do not bear any semblance of genuine theory.
big-headache-smiley-emoticon.gif

But ain’t it fun to watch people make an ass of themselves sometimes? You gotta learn to enjoy things like that, the world is full of just such people and sometimes you gotta just stand back and watch, so you can chuckle at it. Or you just might end up blowing a gasket.

Sometimes you just need to turn and walk away from it though.

You guys have this all wrong this is just dumbing down the language it's like trying to use water hose theory to explain how a beam antenna works. I saw that one on youtube some years ago but when I tried to apply the technique I got all wet and everyone said I sounded like I was under water...........LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.