• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beginner ham antenna questions

Also hearing a Brooklyn,NY net at .380 looking for any check-in's...
So looks like open from Ind to NE right now but may be else where also
Gary

Just about the time I sent the last post it started closing down here...good up north according to dxmaps but not much in the south east now.

Staying mostly on 305 with an occasional call on 400.

ALL Kinds of Beacons heard BUT ALL to NE.... 3's and 2's...
no 4's bummer...Nothing from your way right now Bob....
Well again maybe later...the beacons I am hearing are very strong and solid strength so band open just not your way for me:thumbdown:
Look later
Lunch time
All the Best
Gary

is there anything similar to dxmaps.com that isn't so cw focused? I just looked at 20 meter and got excited when I saw the map...contacts all over the place. Then I looked at the list and it was all cw. I KNOW people use fone on 20...

Doesn't matter the mode, 20 is open

I know its open...I'm thinking ahead. I'll have the fan dipole up in a couple of days, and I'll have my general in a couple of week...but will it do me any good regarding 20 meters? Does much voice go on there? Because right now it looks like its mostly cw from dxmaps...but dxmaps focuses on dx and cw, right?

Bottom line...is there much fone on 20...or 40 for that matrter? (It looks like there's not much traffic of any kind on 80...).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.