• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best 10 m radio

best versital all around radios in my opinion are the RCI's if you want to buy a new radio. the 2970n2 200 watts right out the box. VFO tuning no band selectors or channel maps if you wanna freeband. also it's little brother the 2950DX same features but coasting at about 30 watts with a GOOD TUNE. but add the amp of your choise for more watts if you like. either with an good after market MIC will give you great results. if you don't mind buying a used radio if you can find a Lincoln 2510 that has not been screwed up by a radio molester that would be another good 10m choise.

If your looking for an export, then the 2950dx is good and also the 2970dx.
I have been using these radio's exclusive for the last 7 yrs and don't plan on ever trying anything else.

I do have a 2970N2 now and love it!

For SSB....mostly on CB and lil above or below, I would look into a President HR 2510 or 2600, or the RCI 2950/2970 line. The Magnum S9 and Omegaforce ain't bad radios either.

Best 10 meter rig

I have tried a lot of 10 meter radios over the last 2 years an am using an S-9 it has very loud audio and a quiet receive, if turned up it will swing to 50+ watts on AM people always come back to me first time on skip so that tells me its loud and clear. Very Good Radio out of the box. for AM/FM the Stryker 440 is a very good radio, this radio will hear the very weak stations better than most radios and is anouther 50+ PEP output out of the box also, but be prepaired for the very bright lit front panel it has, :love: Oldtimer

10m radio

I'd say the Magnum S9 wouldn't be such a bad choice.

I have one and the receive on it is very good and the audio is great too.

also The President Lincoln/Uniden 2510 is a good one too, once again good receive and transmit audio is good.

My friend has just got a Ranger 2995dx and he says that its an awesome rig. the bandwidth on it is good and he says the receive on it is amazing

hope that helps

JC in Enfield north London

26MR001

Yaesu FT9000MP. "nuf said.
Rich

ftdx9000mp.jpg

<copied from AES online>

YAEFTDX9000MP YAESU HI PWR 400W HF/6M XCVR+
Please specify color of display (Blue or Umber) when placing order
(Radio must be drop shipped from Yaesu)$10499.99*More

now THATS a radio !!

But anyway...I would have to say the 2950 or 2970 by far for a straight 10/12 meter radio,and they are fairly easy to mod for 11 meter as well and will retain their stability when modded

Last edited:
I love my president Lincoln. Some will think in full of it but I have a Galaxy 95t that rocks. Have it set on the mide side at 100 watts SSB and its very stable.

Thats a Microwave. :LOL: Dang, I would get lost if I were to use that. Pretty lights. Is that an ossiloscope on the bottom in the LED view screen?

No, if i'm not mistaken - it is a graph that shows real-time adjacent band usage. In other words, it is sensing other transmissions close to - but not on the frequency you are on. Lets you know if there is more activity around your frequency. The red line in the center is the frequency you are presently on.
Hams have all of the toys...

Last edited:
Yep, 'band scope'. For those who don't want to twist the dial and see what's there. Pretty lights though!
- 'Doc

the 2510 was a hell of a radio ,,, if you had the chip mod done to it your in luck ...
any of you guys that have a 2510 in good condition , keep it because you'll never find a good radio like that besides the 2950 ........
i know many people that paid big bucks to have a 2510 ...

WOW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.