• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best hf base radio

891 is a different league. Lacks AT and 4m band too.
Mike

The OP asked about:
Price
Receiver

The FT 891 with the (free) installed 3kc roofing filter fits that criteria.... and it has a 3 year manuf. warranty.

FWIW, the IC 7300 really lacks a front end:D, put it in even a moderate RF environment and the rig Rx gets swamped. I am not the only person that has come to that conclusion.

FWIW, The only 4 MHz operations we can do here are beacon operations only, and even then, it requires an "experimenter" special license and callsign. The FCC has already said this will not change when they turned down the recent NPRM that requested them.

Last edited:
FWIW, the IC 7300 really lacks a front end:D, put it in even a moderate RF environment and the rig Rx gets swamped. I am not the only person that has come to that conclusion.
Really? I put 7300 to moderate RF environment , connected to 12 element, 3 band, full size Yagi 20m over the ground and I didn't notice lack of front end :)
Maybe connected to basement wire lacks... No idea, no wire here.
Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.