• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best low cost intro beam

I had a 3 element maco with an a99 on top . And I used a TV rotor and it worked...
Probably a good strong older TV rotor.
The only new one available is that weak chinesium RCA.
I would be extremely concerned trying to have a Vquad and a imax on that. Imax is also larger than A99.

Last edited:
You were quite right. I am very pleased with Nates work. And being able to drive with just the 2950 is a bonus no need for a driver.
I've seen people doing 1kw pep driven on the same box but no one will see the difference and Id rather treat it gently. It usually shows around 750. I got lucky and caught a peak I guess .

Last edited:
Reactions: groundwire
You were quite right. I am very pleased with Nates work. And being able to drive with just the 2950 is a bonus no need for a driver.
I've seen people doing 1kw pep driven on the same box but no one will see the difference and Id rather treat it gently. It usually shows around 750. I got lucky and caught a peak I guess .
What are your thoughts on the delay time? Is yours too long, short, or just right?

If you want to talk to your neighborhood mudducks then by all means mount it vertical. I was assuming the man was a skipshooter so i said horizontal. Local talking, hahahaha.

I started on the CB in 1965 & I have had many beam antennas & I had both Horizontal & Vertical & I have worked the world on Both.I no longer talk skip on the CB Band because I can do that 24/7 on Amateur Radio.I sw that sometimes when working Skip that Vertical was better & sometimes Horizontal was better.I could switch between the two polarities & see it first hand.If I was only going to talk or chase skip I would not care about mobiles or locals then I guess being Horizontal would be OK but why limit my choices when I can have Both with a Vertical beam? It's a really easy choice & just common sense I think because on most days the 11 meter band SUCKS & there is No Skip but usually plenty of locals on a base & plenty of mobiles as well.If you are Horizontal & everyone else locally are running Vertical then with the 20 db of attenuation then you will sound like a Mud Duck because of the lost signals that you chose while waiting on some Sun Spots or eSkip to pop up.Makes for one Boring band when it's almost always DEAD! {:>) :LOL::LOL:

SIX-SHOOTER

Because I lead a very busy life and playing around on the radio radio is only a tiny part of it at this point and I'm a long way from retirement and I'm not a licenced ham lol.
When we retire to my Philippine mountaintop property I will surely be in the amateur bands, probably exclusively but this is the here and now.

Reactions: S&W357
I have a Sirio 27-4 that I have not put up yet. I plan to initially install it horizontal, but I will also try vertical just to see.
Be interested to see what you think. I'm a little afraid of that low power rating.

I found some of these spec sheets havent cleaned them up nor determined their validity but here they are. Perhaps someone more learned than I can determine which one has the most gain it appears the Vquad but I cant imagine that can beat a 4 element?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-092738.png
    Screenshot_20210606-092738.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210606-091216.png
    Screenshot_20210606-091216.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210606-091034.png
    Screenshot_20210606-091034.png
    469.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210606-090814.png
    Screenshot_20210606-090814.png
    645.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated