• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mobile CB antenna

Little Willie is a good starter antenna. Spend the extra money and get something beefier though.
I had read a perfect review before buying the product. Check here for Best CB Radio Antenna
lol...Think there must have been a Type-O on that review...should have said "Worst CB Radio Antenna's" :D With the ones listed, you would be lucky if you could hear or talk 2 or 3 miles with most of them.:whistle:

When this thread was started in 2009 I said the Predator 10K (IMO) was the best....In 2018 I'm still saying IMO the Predator 10K is the best...been saying that for allot longer than just the past 9 or 10 years too...

Best Mobile CB antenna ..........

102" ~ 108" Stainless Steel Whip ......
Absolutely cannot beat this mobile 11 meter/10 meter antenna with anything else out there ....... as long as height is not an issue ......
You must be the keydown king!

Now that was completely uncalled for .......
The individual asked a legitimate question ......
And I gave him an honest answer .....
What the heck is a "keydown king" ???? That must be what you try to do to folks who are enjoying the hobby ......
Sheeesh .......
Don't make much out of it, just poking some fun at what you said. The 1/4 waves are a great bang for the buck. But better do es exist, and 102" has many limitations.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Ground losses come to mind with mobile installs.

If you mount it on the roof, your good. But most people mount them down at the bumper. The peak high current point is right where you dont want it...down low. A shorter antenna mounted higher will work better.

Mustang is absolutely correct, and the reason is what rabbiporkchop said.

Talking about which mobile antenna is best is pointless, it depends on your limits. The first step is to mount the antenna as high as you can, the next step is to get the longest antenna you can mount in that spot. The earth is the greatest enemy of the RF signal syou want to transmit/receive, and because of that you want the maximum transmitting part of said antenna, the base in the case of mobile antennas, to be as far away from said earth as possible, and you also want as much metal shielding said antenna from the earth as well.

The DB

If you mount it on the roof, your good. But most people mount them down at the bumper. The peak high current point is right where you dont want it...down low. A shorter antenna mounted higher will work better.

Everything being equal, mounting location, antenna tuning for lowest VSWR, the 102" ~ 108" whip will be the best choice for the original poster's question ......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.