• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best setup for Galaxy 959

Yea, and the tac-o-meter on my 4 bangin accord goes up to 8 grand, and it will do it too. So what that it redlines at 6500, I can take it up to eight and a half if I want to.

So you can get 35 mud duck watts out of your galaxy; put a cap and resistor in there and cut the limiter out, juice the finals, maybe you can get 50 mud duck watts.

So what?

Well, I did not read that other post. What are you doing to get 35W SSB besides not modifying anything? twisting all the pods around?

And are those channel watts or splatter watts?

freecell said:
'BTW, I think 35W is bit much. 25W is more like it."

from another thread in this forum entitled:
Galaxy DX 959 final change

the 949/959 will do 1.75 - 20+ Watts (low rf power) / 7.5 - 30 Watts (high rf power) on AM and 35 Watts on SSB without any modifications.

freecell, maybe I did not catch your drift there. In that other thread, you did say:

"more funny stuff from firebreather.

the 949/959 will do 1.75 - 20+ Watts (low rf power) / 7.5 - 30 Watts (high rf power) on AM and 35 Watts on SSB without any modifications."

Who the heck is firebreather? Is that to refer to Defpom or someone else? Or what did you mean?

And thats two nine two from Oregon state?

BTW, I don't see anyone showing any "CB" that stands head and shoulders above the Galaxy line. If I had to give it to any one, it would have been to Uniden, but they woosed out. Their AM shizzle is gone the way of the rubber snake.

I'm running the 959. Put the extra channels in it and the 10k drop. I'm only seeing 1 watt swinging to 25 out of mine. Course I'm running it thru the Magna Force 900:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?