• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beware of superhawkwss6 on Ebay

I find this whole thread to be a load of crap...............

Just as you are entitled to your opinion so are all the others in this thread. One or two can be full of crap but not likely the masses.

I have never "sold"anything to Chris, but I have talked to him plenty of times on the phone, and bought stuff from him several times, and never been disappointed... Everything I have bought from him, if it said it was in Mint condition, when I got it, it looked like it just came from the factory...
Good for you. Even Radio Mart had people that praised him and swore that others were liars. Oddly enough most of them lived within driving distance of Marty.

Looking at allot of the people posting negatively in this thread (including the original poster) It looks to me like they joined here, just to post in this one thread, then disappeared...I'm thinking these guys with less than 5 or 6 posts, are all the same person just trying to stir the pot on superhawk...
Funny thing about being an admin, we have extra little buttons to play with that shows us the IP addresses and ISP providers of people posting. It is in EVERY post they make. After searching the posters in this thread I have to conclude that if any ONE person has more than ONE ID they are pretty damn good at it because NOBODY posting here in this thread has more than one ID associated with their IP address nor does anyone have more than one ISP therefore I believe that each poster is indeed unique.

Sounds more like someone thought they got a bad deal because Chris wasn't satisfied with something he purchased from them, and is going around to different Forums just to try and ruin his business...
Sounds more like people have Googled superhawk and found this thread as a result. In most things this forum mentions, we rate on the first page of hits on Google. It's nice to be popular. :D

As for the guy who said he lives 8 miles from Chris's shop, but has never herd of the place, and thinks the guy is basically working out of a garage or something...That's not that uncommon....With the Internet, lot's of people don't have store fronts, and just work out of their house...

Heck, Kale doesn't have a factory or store front, and builds the Predator 10K antenna's out of his shed in the backyard! But sells his antenna's world-wide...not to mention, he doesn't even have a Web. Site...
Agreed with the above however the presence or lack thereof of a brick and mortar store is irrelevant. I just found out a guy runs an computer/internet purchasing business out of his house just up the road. Been there for years and I never knew it.

Now I will say Chris's price's are a little on the high-side on some things...Like the Cobra 2000 GTL he had listed for $1499, and I think he still has a Browning listed at close to 2K, but these radios are in MINT condition so if someone was looking for a Mint 30-40 year old radio your going to pay for it...

Plus......NO ONE is forcing you to buy a radio from Chris, so if you don't like what he's asking, just keep looking... "Are his radios actually worth what he is asking?" Maybe not to everyone, but some will pay out the nose for "Like-New" products...

Heck......I seen a box of Twinkies on eBay selling for over $500...And right under that listing was a similar box for $49...

I'm not going to trash the guy trying to get $500 for a box of Twinkies, if someone wants to pay that, why not sell it to them?

Agreed with what an asking price is however the big issue seems to be not receiving the goods as described or at all in some cases.

Reactions: 5 people
I once complained that Superhawks stuff was too high and he offered to sell me a Tram for farrrrr less than the one he has for sale.. It wasn't mint and had a few scuffs here and there but he GUARANTEED it to work and told me if it didnt he would bakc it up 100% and refund my money.... I guess to each his own but i thought that was fair.

Did you actually buy it or are just talking about a deal that could have been made? The problem with the latter is that anyone can say anything they want. The proof is when they actually go good on their word.

Did you actually buy it or are just talking about a deal that could have been made? The problem with the latter is that anyone can say anything they want. The proof is when they actually go good on their word.

The high prices aren't a problem....a fool and his money...ect.
The claims that superhawk would buy a excellent radio, file an ebay dispute and then send back another radio with parts missing. That is disturbing.

Myself, being a gentle soul, would never advocate anyone confronting a person or hurting someone repeatedly for douchebaggery like this. Live and let live I say, please, I mean it, no one go there and do anything, leave this poor misunderstood ebayer alone... Click, sarcasm off.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.