• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bob's CB Radio Shop

I've browsed through many of the cb shops on the web, but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, when it comes to actually selecting one to do business with.

Had some work done by him.
He worked on my clear channel ar3300
he does some nice work a little on the slow side but he did what he said he would do

I wouldn't be afraid to send him any of my radios again

Unit 194 said:
One of my locals claims that Bob's CB Radio Shop at: www.bobscb.com is one of THE BEST CB shops around.

Does anyone else agree ???

Sorry to say, your local is local....none are best.
the only way to really rate them is,
not just by mouth but by good turn around time...(depends on parts for that unit) and good skills....
there are a lot of good shops around..some are far and need to pay shipping to get them there...
most shops now days don't need to brag...just do there job and get it done on the silent side...to many bitchers and whinners that tell bigger people and open up a can of worms about that shop and what it does...(what a shame)

IF ya can't catch that drift...sit back and really think about it :)

lords said:
Unit 194 said:
One of my locals claims that Bob's CB Radio Shop at: www.bobscb.com is one of THE BEST CB shops around.

Does anyone else agree ???

Sorry to say, your local is local....none are best.
the only way to really rate them is,
not just by mouth but by good turn around time...(depends on parts for that unit) and good skills....
there are a lot of good shops around..some are far and need to pay shipping to get them there...
most shops now days don't need to brag...just do there job and get it done on the silent side...to many bitchers and whinners that tell bigger people and open up a can of worms about that shop and what it does...(what a shame)

IF ya can't catch that drift...sit back and really think about it :)

So I guess if "none are best" basically you're saying all CB radio shops are mediocre.

My local had many of his radio's repaired by Bob's CB over the years and he is very satisfied with Bob's CB Radio Shop's turnaround time and technical skills. So I guess he would be a lot more qualified to rate Bob's CB than you or I. ;) ;)

My local had many of his radio's repaired by Bob's CB over the years and he is very satisfied with Bob's CB Radio Shop's turnaround time and technical skills. So I guess he would be a lot more qualified to rate Bob's CB than you or I

there ya go! thats what it is all about :roll:

My point was, there is no #1 in radio repair because of the wide range of radios and were to send them :)

When i sent my radio to him.
He said he was in the middle of moving thats why he was slow on the return . Id rather him tell me what was up than sit here and wonder what was going on.

Should have said that in the first reply

He also called here and let me know what it needed and thats what i call customer service.

He was the only warranty center for clear channel corp on the east coast if anyone knows those radio's he does thats why i sent mine to him.
There's a wright up about that here on the forum some where about that

If you have one ( Clear Channel AR's ) and it needs something done to it don't be afraid to sent it to him ..

fatdude1 said:
When i sent my radio to him.
He said he was in the middle of moving thats why he was slow on the return . Id rather him tell me what was up than sit here and wonder what was going on.

Should have said that in the first reply

He also called here and let me know what it needed and thats what i call customer service.

He was the only warranty center for clear channel corp on the east coast if anyone knows those radio's he does thats why i sent mine to him.

If you have one ( Clear Channel AR's ) and it needs something done to it don't be afraid to sent it to him

I agree Communication and Customer Service is a very important quality. Thanks for your feedback fatdude1.

I'm completely happy with everything I've had done or gotten from Bob's. As far as turn around time, he went through an ailing 148GTL I had while I waited. Was there at opening on a Tuesday AM (which he says is a bit slower day), went across the road to have breakfast at the truckstop, radio was done when I returned to his shop. That works for me! The Galaxy 88 I'm using now is one of his and I get compliments on it all the time. 8)

undertaker said:
Bob is one of the best besides 8541 Electronics.....

I don't know about 8541, I sent a radio to them and asked it be checked out and consulted with cost BEFORE repair. Two weeks later they leave a message that the radio is done and it will be about $130 for the repair! Would you spend $130 to fix a ten year old Galaxy 33? I wouldn't and didn't. I spent the extra $30 and bought a new one, from some one else. There is no way it was a miscommunication, I spoke with them on the phone be fore sending it there, and taped a note to the radio. Maybe it was a slow week, whatever, I don't do business like that.

While I do not like the Top Gun Modulator (which Bob is supposed to have come up with), he does have a good reputation in the business. I was talking to a Magnum rep a few days ago about a DOA S9-80 that I had, and the topic of Bob now running a 1-man operation came up. If you do see slow turn-around, that's is lkely the reason why at this point.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.