• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bobs CB

I love Radio Active Radio. You just mock what you don't understand. Why wouldn't you want to buy something from someone who uses phrases like "bodacious" and "super-whack-pack". That is highly technological terminology that is above our understanding.
I sure hope you were being a smart ass there.

Reactions: 1 person
Hi gentelman, fyi.... i spoke to bob's shop a couple of days ago and they are no longer accepting mail in repairs for an undetermined amount of time. it was said that this was due to them being overwelmed with repairs.

wack packer

if you want a hacked up radio.with the limiters ripped out
and volted finals by all means go radio hactive

I sure hope you were being a smart ass there.

I was being very smart assed, lol. I was sent to DTB radio from Mt View Electronics after Clay's sold me a Cobra 29 that needed some help. I have used Dave ever since. That 29 is so crisp and clear. I sent him my Grant that I had bought used, the moment it arrived. I also sent him my Galaxy 95t2 to check over and re-tune it.

Hi gentelman, fyi.... i spoke to bob's shop a couple of days ago and they are no longer accepting mail in repairs for an undetermined amount of time. it was said that this was due to them being overwelmed with repairs.

Sure sounds like a good idea to me, quit taking on Radio Companys warranty repairs if you can't do them. There is no need for a radio to sit in someones shop for 2 months without even being looked at. I can get ignored anywhere, I sure don't expect that from someone I am doing business with, spending my money with, maybe if they quit talking on the CB all day drumbing up business he might get the rest of the work done.

that would prob explain my unanswered email

i finally got my hands on another ar-3500/100w that needs some tlc, was hoping he might be able to revitalize it

hmmmmm...how far is it to Bob's from Ontario

No Doubt Dave at DTB Radio is the MAN. He doesn't like Magnums and doesn't like to be distrubed by the phone, other than that you could not ask for a better repair guy.

I spoke to Bob via e-mail last week and he told me he will not be accepting any mail in repairs until he can find (hire) a radio tech.

Currently we are not offering mail-in service on radios not repaired or sold by Bob's CB Shop.

Last edited:
Bob's CB

Does anyone on here live close to Bob's CB in Strattanville PA?? The reason I ask is that I called them today and they no longer take mail in repairs. I have a AR 3500 100 watt that I need to get to him. They will mail it back but you can't mail it in.

So I was wondering if anyone on the site might live close enough that I could mail the radio to you and have you drop it off to Bob's?? I know all the controversy with his turn around time but he is (as far as I know) the only one that still has parts available for them. Just let me know if anyone may be able to help with this. Respond here or IM me or email at kb4not@gmail.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated