• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bob's your uncle, it does 600 watts PEP now | HG 2 pill

More like the gold mine! He has a lot of time and money in that beast. Still fun to see him build it!

Ok on a more serious note here would be a great setup for a dual antenna system you simply take two of these and drive them with one radio and into two antennas. See you have over 4K RF with just a handful of mosfets. No liquid cooling needed just a few 10 thousand RPM 12-inch fans and a ducted dryer vent hose.

mosamp2k.JPG

IN the words of Joe Pesci
1vv7zd.jpg

Ok, Ok, Ok I got it all you need in the mobile is 4 1000 amp deep cycle batteries hooked in series and 4 280 amp alternators wire in series and a 4 gauge charge line Talk about Red Neckin I'm on to something here.

Oooopppps! Forgot the 2 102" Stainless steelies on the pumper if you have a bumper.

Last edited:
Ok on a more serious note here would be a great setup for a dual antenna system you simply take two of these and drive them with one radio and into two antennas. See you have over 4K RF with just a handful of mosfets. No liquid cooling needed just a few 10 thousand RPM 12-inch fans and a ducted dryer vent hose.

View attachment 27147

IN the words of Joe Pesci
View attachment 27149

Ok, Ok, Ok I got it all you need in the mobile is 4 1000 amp deep cycle batteries hooked in series and 4 280 amp alternators wire in series and a 4 gauge charge line Talk about Red Neckin I'm on to something here.
That sounds great. Would that work for a pair of stacked beams? Sign me up!

spark of the day

Are you concerned about the spark from the relay? Every cb amp with a sniffer type keying circuit does this. Especially if it has a ssb delay. That slight delay guarantees a hot switch. The big benefit of using a foot switch or keying line from an HF radio is that the relay will last longer. Key the amp, key the radio, unkey radio and unkey the amp. No sparks.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Damn OldTech03... them gaming PCs could support a Flux Capacitor! Seriously... I think they would work for some LDMOS bricks. May do some price checking...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.