• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Boulder Built 757 Amps? Are they worth the price?

Nope, he sold it. He also has the DX-500 like mine, and when I asked him if he'd rather beat the hell out of his radio to drive the 757, or loaf his radio for DX-500, he caught my drift. He knows theres no real difference between 600 pep and 850 pep on the receiving end, so why drive a radio hard to achieve that? Plus, if he wanted 1kw he would have to use a driver. It's my OPINION that pushing a radio hard or using a driver to achieve 1kw over 600 pep is simply not worth the trouble. I wouldn't mind driving 50 to 60 pep to achieve 1.5kw, but neither of us see the point in driving 100+pep for 1kw.
Makes sense! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Greg T
Here is 757 testing out some fake toshiba 2879's in a 2 pill box with 700w pep output??? Have seen his amps for sale online but know nothing about them.

757 2 pill

Yeah it's a very unusual method of drive. I think I'd stick with what we know is tried and true.

Someone always trying to claim they've created something new under the sun.

And it makes no sense. If he's swamping the input, the output would not be ridiculous. The only way to get that kind of output is to drive them to high heaven.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.