• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

By pass a driver circuit palomar 600

BandidoP.R.

Dec 12, 2018
73 , I want to hi drive my palomar 600 but its low drive.. I need how to bypass the driver circuit to convert to straig 4

Attachments

• 20181222_021858.jpg
    20181222_021858.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 181

Normally this is a simple process however, most of the connections we need to get at in this amplifier are on the bottom of the circuit board and out of view.

They make a straight 4 pill version of that amp but it's still really not a true HD amp. That is case with many cb style amplifiers, they stamp HD and High Drive on there because they know it will sell better that way.

You will have to find someone that does good work on amplifiers. Once they dis-connect the driver stage they will have to add some padding (swamping resistors) to eat up some carrier and peak wattage. In the end I guess you could then call it an HD amp. It won't perform any better and will run hot. Is it really worth the trouble ? That's up to you, it's your amp.

it can be done, trace the circuit and lift the resistor that goes to the hi/med/low switch and then reroute the rf it to the input of the four final transistors, you will need to design/build an input tune circuit to get the impedance matched. small variable trimmer cap will work.
Any tech should be able to do it without lifting the board.
Keep in mind this does not make it a high drive, you still need to pad the input.
Think I gave a brief answer 14 hour shift at work and typing with half a brain here.

Reactions: 9C1Driver

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated